• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737NG type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just did an abbreviated course at Higher Power. It was BEYOND easy. Good training, good people, highly recommended.

I was flushed out of the US market when Aloha went out of business, thank you Dave Banmiller, Ron Burkle, Johnny Ornstein, and a few others :0) The company I got picked up with sent me to an SIC recurrent at HPA. While there they let me toss an extra $3g at them to do the type rating....Being able to do it in the NG was a huge bonus as the classic scares me :0) Can't understand all those weird dials and schtuff....

All kidding aside, contact HPA... they are pretty good peeps and provide great service as far as I'm concerned....good luck!

Oh and freight dog, NG experience helps, but it aint ALL that.....

over sea airlines want a type in the ng if they fly the 737-700,800,900,
you see they consider most varients (sp) a different type. but they also realize that faa doesn't nit pick every different model, ie 747-200/100, or the 737- 200-300. but foreign aviation administrations do have a different system. they require you to carry your log book with you, it must be current and validated by your company every so often, also if you have a JAA atpl then it has an expiry date unlike our faa atp. The actual license expires every year. our version of that would be an yearly pc check in type.
so just send them what they want and don't over think it.

A 737 type is a 737 type. There is no distinction. Get it the cheapest route. For SWA, a 737 is a 737. For over seas flying, the same applies and it the time in model that counts. There are lots of "non-rated" 737 jobs overseas available. Never done any of them but try http://www.parcaviation.aero/ A pilot in my Guard unit is on contract number two, based out of JFK (not on a 737, though).

I do see international job postings stating 737 EFIS. Not sure if all of the classics out there use the tubes or not. Don't think it would be a big difference but there seems to be a preference for people with glass time. Again, many of the 737-300/500s out there (except SWA) seem to use the tubes...

Hi!

They have different type ratings overseas than in the US.

For example, in the US, there is one type rating for DC-9/MD-8x/MD-9x/B-717.

In some Asian countries, there are at least 3 type ratings:
DC-9, MD-8x, MD-9x

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back