737 Type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rightrudder said:
I am looking for feedback from those who have gotten the 737 type. Which company did you use and would you recommend them to a friend?

I know Higher Power is a popular choice, also looking for info on K & S and FTI.

Thanks

Why would someone want to pay for a type rating?

Why would someone want to pay for a type rating?

1. To get a job at SWA. It is required if an offer of employment is given.

2. To enhance their resume to get a job somewhere else. (I know of at least 2 carriers that specifically ask if you have a B737 Type Rating on their application.)

I used aeroservice. And they took GI bill and I have a great job now.

HPA is great, I would highly recommend them. The systems instruction was incredible, you leave understanding the systems, not just knowing the answers for the oral. The sim training is very quick, 5 sessions and a type ride. I definately could have used a 1-2 more sessions to feel more comfortable, but I got the type, so I'm not complaining. Oh yeah, and you will have a chance to meet someone from SWA.

The people that run the company and work with you are top notch. You cannot go wrong with HPA.

Tejas-Jet said:
Very true. SWA really doesn't care where you got the type....all they care is that you have it.

Some of us got it from the USAF...others from former "legacy" carriers....others got it on their own....some even used the G.I. bill, and even Uncle Sam doesn't care where you get your type.

Tejas
Regional pilots have to get their start somewhere.

Latest resources

Back