737 Type Rating Locations?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cracker

Does anyone know of a good 737 Type Rating course in either the Chicago or Cleveland areas? I know of several in Dallas and Houston already.

Thanks for the help.

Go get hired by USAir, United, Continental, AirTran, (or at one time Vanguard, Eastwind, Pro-Air, Southeast, etc..) and earn your type rating the old fashioned way. As a bonus you get a few thousand hours in type and it's free!

:)

Go get hired by USAir, United, Continental, AirTran, (or at one time Vanguard, Eastwind, Pro-Air, Southeast, etc..) and earn your type rating the old fashioned way. As a bonus you get a few thousand hours in type and it's free!

:)

Except in your examples after the type, you may have a few thousand hours in the RIGHT seat, OR a furlough, OR no job at all (Vanguard, Eastwind, Pro-Air, Southeast, ect). :( Not what I would consider "free!"

I'd love to get the type the old fashion way, but no one that's hiring wants to call me for an interview! Maybee buying the type will get my foot in the door at Southwest. I'm well above their minimums, but no phone calls. My app has been in there for 3 years and I about to give in and pay the money!

I think you should buy it if you really want to work at SWA. First, it is one heck of a tax deduction, and secondly it is pretty well documented that you will get a call a lot sooner otherwise. I was called to interview 8 1/2 months (only had my app on file 5 1/2 months at the time) ahead of my availability date because I had it. I cannot name any businesses in Chicago or Cleveland but I can say Higher power is excellent as is from what I have heard CPT in Houston. With CPT since it is a bunch of ex-continental guys, they give you a must-ride pass on CAL for your travels included in the price so travel should not be too much problem, just the hotel. Good Luck.

I don't know of any in CLE or CHI. I would strongly suggest FTI. They are the cheapest, and in this case you get more than what you pay for.

I don't think there's anything up this way. You gotta go where the major 737 operators have their training facilities. Hence Denver (United), Dallas (American, Southwest), Houston (Continental), etc.

I'd love to get the type the old fashion way, but no one that's hiring wants to call me for an interview! Maybee buying the type will get my foot in the door at Southwest. I'm well above their minimums, but no phone calls. My app has been in there for 3 years and I about to give in and pay the money!

Maybe there is something wrong with your application. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back