737 type rating by WIA in California?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerjet

Does anyone have any information on the unemployment insurance program WIA in Cali? I understand that they will get you up to $8000 for training costs from approved vendors. I know FSI LGB is on their list for the 737-200, but does anyone know other vendors. I would like to try and get a 737-300 type for the money, at least make me more marketable. any help would be appreciated.

Call FTI- "Flight Training International" as you can see they have an advertisement in the upper right corner of this page- they are based in Denver and will do a type on the 737-200 for $5,995. That price does not include hotel though. They seem to be pretty knowledgeable on the WIA for various states.

If you can squeeze any cash out of the WIA program in CA, then let us all know how you did it. I tried it a couple of years ago, and the answer always was:"we have no funds for WIA."

The Employment Development Department will be the first place you have to check to see if WIA is funded or not this year.

Good luck to you.

I was told that the WIA cap is now $4200

Hey guys,

I have some info for you regarding the WIA program in the state of California. PM me if you want the scoop.

Cya

FTI Vs HPA

Guys, looking to get a 737 type.
Any pros & cons regarding Flight Training International VS Higher Power Aviation?

Latest resources

Back