• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 Over wing exits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just found it. controlled by logic gates. Left OR right engine running. BOTH thrust levers >53 deg and airplane in the air mode. Then the doors will lock.

I'm interesting in Boeing's logic for the change over the plug-type. The hinge-door, locking pins, locking mechanism all points to more weight, etc.

Was it an issue with evacuation timing of the larger 73's?

Just curious.

I'm interesting in Boeing's logic for the change over the plug-type. The hinge-door, locking pins, locking mechanism all points to more weight, etc.

Just curious.

Not to mention the two big @$$ springs that throw the door open...

Just curious.

you can credit the JAA for forcing Boeing's hand on changing the doors from the Plug type. Actually, the first 50 or so NG's were made with plug doors. The JAA came in and determined that the door weighed 1 kilo too much for their model of the average pax that will have to pop it open and throw it out. They refused to budge after months of negotiations. Boeing thought about only changing the European airplanes to the now standard hinged door. But, in the end, they wanted it as part of the basic certification and every aircraft would have them. So, big tents were assembled of the aircraft that were already built and out on the flightline in Renton. It was about a 2 month mod for each airplane. That was one of the big delays that slid the delivery of the airplane to SWA.

Latest resources

Back