• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AlabamaMan!!

You broke muthafu*as!!!!
This was on SkyJobs.net:

737 Capt. 8/23/05

Require a Full-time 737 Capt.
Must be rated and have flown in the last two years. Must have 7000+TT and international and corporate experience.

Salary is 10K plus benefits

Do you think this is a typo or could it be 10K a month? If this is yearly, god-help the person who applies for this job.

AlabamaMan!! said:
This was on SkyJobs.net:

737 Capt. 8/23/05

Require a Full-time 737 Capt.
Must be rated and have flown in the last two years. Must have 7000+TT and international and corporate experience.

Salary is 10K plus benefits

Do you think this is a typo or could it be 10K a month? If this is yearly, god-help the person who applies for this job.

This is 10K per year but the best kept secret is that the benefits are out of this world. They offer a housing allowance, decent expense account, etc, just to name a few. They want to see that the ideal person has the desire and heart to be in this not just for the compensation which I can see where they are coming from. Second year pay is much better at $27,500 and it only goes up from there.

The kicker and the main problem is that they prefer the Gulfstream grads since they have already proven that they can handle the aircraft, accept minimum compensation, etc.

Overall it does not seem like a bad gig if you know someone who went through the Gulfstream program of if you have ties with the mentioned carrier.

Also, the good part is that you only have to pay half of the training costs and the company will pay the other half.

good luck

350DRIVER said:
This is 10K per year but the best kept secret is that the benefits are out of this world. They offer a housing allowance, decent expense account, etc, just to name a few. They want to see that the ideal person has the desire and heart to be in this not just for the compensation which I can see where they are coming from. Second year pay is much better at $27,500 and it only goes up from there.

The kicker and the main problem is that they prefer the Gulfstream grads since they have already proven that they can handle the aircraft, accept minimum compensation, etc.

Overall it does not seem like a bad gig if you know someone who went through the Gulfstream program of if you have ties with the mentioned carrier.

Also, the good part is that you only have to pay half of the training costs and the company will pay the other half.

good luck

I take it your reply is tongue-in-cheek ?

Hey! I can do this! I fly a Gulfstream and I spent 15 years at TWA so I know I can accept minimum compensation. Where do I sign? ;) TC

Latest resources

Back