737 headsets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Others to Shame?

Have tried the Mach 1: too much fiddling required to get them inplace, uncomfortable for extended wear, vulnerable to damage, overpriced, in my opinion.

Mike

Thought I would re-light this thread. I've tried both my molded earpiece and my Bose X in the 737 Ng and 400. I like the feel of the molded earpiece and the sound is great, BUT I think the electronics are outdated for the modern aircraft (Plantronics bought 1986.) ATC is constantly saying they can't hear me or asking if I have the o2 mask selected. The molded will work if I yell, but this doesn't really work either. The earpiece also doesn't have independent volume control.

As for the Bose X, this has great sound and ATC hears me fine. BUT, unless the capt is wearing an over the ear style I find that I have the left ear pad sitting partway over my ear and this gets uncomfortable after a while. The X is also a heavy headset and will get tireing after a while.

I think the QC2 would be the best but our FOM prohibits non TSO headsets. This could cause a problem if a fed or difficult company check airman wanted to cause a problem.

Anyone else care to chime in on the 737 hearset issue??

Baja.

love the qc2's, although I heard today the feds are coming after the qc2's to see if they are "faa approved!!!". also, no intercom, but sometimes on a longhaul... we put a little rubber band around the icom switch and the switch near the ail trim where the trash bag is to make the icom hot. i dont think they want us to do that though.

I see the same rubber-band trick here. I would think it would just be easier if we used the intercom switch but no one seems to do this.

Telex 850. Works great, and the only issue is sometimes having to slip one of the ear cups off if the Capt is soft spoken.

Yeah, what's up with that? I mean, everyone knows the Classics are pretty loud when you're goin' full tilt boogie.....so how come the skippers still whisper? I promise I won't think you're yelling at me.

I have the Telex 850s and they work pretty well. I am an FO and I tend to keep the left cup behind my ear. Coming from the ERJ the 737 cockpit I really cant complain about the noise but the 300-500 gets pretty loud when clipping along above 300 kts.

The NGs tend to be better.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back