737 crew bag

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PilotAg said:
I have the PNS stealth that is 14 in wide. I really wish I would have gone with the 13 in wide. The 14 in doesn't go in the 300/500 without reaching behind the small jumpseat and lifting the backside while pushing the front with my foot. It does slide right out though. The exact opposite happens on the 700.

I have the PNS 14 with pockets. Turn the bag slightly left and pull. Slides out perfect without having to reach behind the jumpseat. Same procedure in the 700 so you don't tear the right side pocket.

The 13 inch isn't big enough for a 4 day unless you are one of those disgusting guys who wears a shirt more than one day.

PilotAg said:
I have the PNS stealth that is 14 in wide. I really wish I would have gone with the 13 in wide. The 14 in doesn't go in the 300/500 without reaching behind the small jumpseat and lifting the backside while pushing the front with my foot. It does slide right out though. The exact opposite happens on the 700.

I have the PNS 14 with pockets. Turn the bag slightly left/up and pull. Slides out perfect without having to reach behind the jumpseat. Same procedure in the 700 so you don't tear the right side pocket.

The 13 inch isn't big enough for a 4 day unless you are one of those disgusting guys who wears a shirt more than one day.

Another vote for the Costco "Flight Attendant Special"... I went through 2 PNT bags (a 14 and a 13) in 10 years of commuting, and they were great. Very rugged, yet, as others have said, heavy. The 14 was a major PIA to get out from under the jumpseat until I cut that useless side pocket off and the 13 was a minor PIA for the same reason.

The PNT bags are rugged, but they do eventually break under hard use. Then they are very expensive to have repaired. I broke the aluminum base on my last one jumping a curb going to the crash pad in MDW. When I called to see what it would cost to fix that and the other stuff it needed, it was gonna run about $225.....

I bought the Costco bag as an interim solution in 2003, and have replaced it once in almost 3 years. No hassle, and for less than $100, it is fine. It's not nearly as rugged as the PNT, or as user friendly, but when it breaks, it's a 1/2 hour out of your life to get it replaced. I can get 4 days worth of stuff, plus a computer into it easily.......

Oh, and it fits under the 737 jumpseat perfectly.....

Just make sure that you mark it well, since every FA has one, and I doubt that her underwear will fit you!

wingmanluggage.com

2 years and still going strong. PNS way to heavy for me too! My time of the month, what can I tell you.

JV

Latest resources

Back