• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 and winglets and Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking of 732s, there's been one parked at B Concourse at CVG for a while. No titles, white top, blue bottom. Haven't noticed the tail#. Any idea who it belongs to?

Most managements will tell you that planes always need paint replaced periodically anyway so its not "additional" cost. We've been repainting our fleet for 7 years now, and we'll have a new paint job after BK.

Crazy, eh?

FWIW, I think UALs new livery looks great.

Most managements will tell you that planes always need paint replaced periodically anyway so its not "additional" cost. We've been repainting our fleet for 7 years now, and we'll have a new paint job after BK.

Crazy, eh?

FWIW, I think UALs new livery looks great.

Are you guessing on this or you heard they are going to repaint in a new color scheme at Delta? Thanks, HH

I know the on-site PPG rep for Delta here in Atlanta and he said the average plane takes 50 gallons of paint.

What a fricken waste considering their situation but best of luck to the Delta employees on exiting bankruptcy.

I know the on-site PPG rep for Delta here in Atlanta and he said the average plane takes 50 gallons of paint.

What a fricken waste considering their situation but best of luck to the Delta employees on exiting bankruptcy.

Not an American plane! Smart move leaving it silvery and shiny and all

Not an American plane! Smart move leaving it silvery and shiny and all

I read an article once that compared paint to polished. There were upsides to each, and it wasn't really clear that one option saved more money than the other. The increased maintenance costs of polishing offset the fuel savings and paint cost. I suppose that increased fuel costs would tilt the scale toward polished. Plus the polished airplanes look so cool.

But only if they are polished. I remember Eastern when they went to bare metal. They looked pretty tarnished if you didn't take the buffer to them every once in a while.

PHXFLYR

Delta will have a new post-bankruptcy livery...Whitehurst and Grinstein have mentioned it a couple times.

Latest resources

Back