727 at IND

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyinlow67

Anyone have an idea what the deal is with the white 727 sitting midfield at IND? Saw it there a couple of weeks ago out between the parallels and it is still there. I am in and out of there five days a week and haven't seen it move once. It kind of looks like the "Con-air" plane the BOP uses to shuttle the prisoners.

I don't know who it belonged to but now it's used for the fire dept. for practice.TC

Good. Nothing like the real thing when it comes to practice. Here's hoping they never have to use what they learn.

That things been there for about three years now. I'm guessing it's an old FedEx 100. Looks like a good ship for skydiving. Wait, FD uses for training, well, maybe not. Btw, I don't even skydive, but it has that skydive airplane quality. Beat up, make you want to jump feeling.

Yup-

That is what it is. FedEx donated it to the local Fire Fighting Dept. that is also located near the 727 on the field, and the use it to practice on. Does it no longer have the purple tail on it????

Nope, just plain white. Maybe FedEx didn't want an aircraft with thier colors on it to be seen sitting in the middle of the field all the time.

flyinlow67 said:
Nope, just plain white. Maybe FedEx didn't want an aircraft with thier colors on it to be seen sitting in the middle of the field all the time.
....or better yet, they didn't want it to be seen all the time with the fire department hosing it down.

I heard the FEX mechs were going to sneak out there and paint the tail brown... :D TC

Latest resources

Back