709 RIDE??? insight please!!

bigbenno

The Dude....
Total Time
2000+
Has anyone ever had to take a 709 ride with the feds?

If so can you give me some insight on what it was like and what they were looking for exactly?

Thanks a million!!!

jimpilot

Total Time
It is a checkride. Normally they do everything on the type ride or if it's not on the type they do the stuff on the checkride for the level of license you hold.

BUT it is up to the fed as to what he does. Normally they are done because you have had a problem, they may just check the problem area.

sqwkvfr

Baseball junkie
Total Time
a lot
bigbenno said:
what they were looking for exactly?
bizicmo said:
your toast
Why would they be looking for his toast? Can't the Feds afford to buy and make their own toast?:confused:

Are they looking for suggestions on differnet kinds of toast? Maybe they've heard of this 12-grain stuff and wanted to see if anyone else is making that kind of toast?:confused:

What about sourdough....oooohhhh....my favorite kind of toast. Slather some butter on there and gulp it down....good stuff.:D

"Your" is possessive. As in "Your time," or "Your airplane." "YOU'RE" uses a punctuation mark to denote a missing letter...as in the two words "you are."

Just remember:
Your=possessive.
You're="you are."

Last edited:

paulsalem

Total Time
Anyone heard the song Toast! by Heywood Banks??

Now thats commedy.

YourNameHere

REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT
Total Time
???
You're not the pilot of 888BW by any chance, are you?

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
Ok, I give up, I didn't get the joke, someone explain please!!

kilroy

http://www.filecabi.net/v
Total Time
7000+
I did a 709 ride about 5 years ago not a big deal one landing and that was it. What happened that required a 709 ride that will usually vreflect on what to expect.

JediNein

No One Special at all
Total Time
53 wks
Or maybe not. . .

Get a copy of the ASA Oral Exam Guides for the ratings you hold. Expect every single one of them to be in question. If you over-prepare, great. If you don't, forget about living for awhile as you only get one more chance.

Be honest in your interviews, too. If at all possible, get the 709 ride to be over with BEFORE showing up on the airline's doorstep.

Basically, stop reading flightinfo and get started on the FAR/AIM, Aviation Weather, Aviation Weather Services, and the Airplane Flying Handbook. Put the oral exam guide in the bathroom you most frequent and spend some quality time in there.

Good luck!
Jedi Nein

Rick1128

Total Time
22000+
First of all, an Inspector can only require a 709 ride based on an accident, incident, personal observation or reports. Note the pural on the reports. What is done really only depends on why the ride is required. If it was something simple like ground looping a taildragger, all you most likely do is a few takeoffs and landings in a crosswind in a taildragger. If you busted a 135 ride, plan on a full checkride in accordance with the applicable Practical Test Standards for the certificate you hold. Not the certificate required. According to Orders 8400.10 and 8700.10, the FAA can not require you to take the ride in a particular type of aircraft unless the manuver(s) in question is paquilar to that type aircraft. In other words, if you ground loop a Luscombe, plan on taking the ride in a Luscombe, or at least another taildragger.

If there is bad blood between the inspector and yourself or your employer, request another inspector give the ride, IN WRITING! Also insist that the inspector be current and qualified in the aircraft. And also document everything you communicate with the FAA. And get some good instruction prior to the checkride.

bizicmo

Total Time
+1000
i was wrong there also
what about your a big loser
that is better