7 days survey

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tailwinds

The feds require 24 hours off in any 7 consecutive days, but different airlines go about this different ways I am now discovering. I was under the impression that most airlines guarantee one calendar day off every week. But today I discovered that my new airline sticks to the 24 consecutive hours without a limit to working consecutive days. So, which, if either, is the 'norm' in the industry? I'll start with the three airlines I know of, and pilots at others please add. Thanks!

-Tailwinds

Independence: 1 calendar day off every 7
SkyWest: 24 consecutive hours
Eagle: 1 calendar day off, waivable by pilot to 24 consecutive hours for overtime purposes.

Great Lakes was simply 24 hours. For instance, you could sign off duty at the end of a 5- or 6-day trip at 0800 on a Tuesday and come back at 0801 the next morning and be good for another 6 straight days. And it did happen.

Piedmont - 1 calendar day every 7 days.

ASA is currently a calendar day, but I hear that the company has decided that the contract has been misinterpreted for the past 7 years and we are really only required 24 hours. Expect to see the change in the October bid packets. ;)

While over at AA, we get 24 hours. Sorry to jump in, just tossing another perspective.

The real joy to this they'll give the reserve guys their 7Day on their 35 hour layover during a 4-5 day South America trip.

C-150ETOPS said:
While over at AA, we get 24 hours. Sorry to jump in, just tossing another perspective.

The real joy to this they'll give the reserve guys their 7Day on their 35 hour layover during a 4-5 day South America trip.
You could bet good money I'd be sick a couple days the next week if they pulled that on us...

Latest resources

Back