61.56 Flight Review

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly_Chick

Per 61.56 (c)(2) a person must have "A logbook endorsed from an authorized instrutor who gave the review certifying that the person has satisfactorily completed the review."

Does this mean the same instructor must give both the oral portion and the flight portion or can one instructor provide the oral portion and another instructor provide the flight portion, and each instructor endorse the logbook for the appropriate portion?

I have heard two instructors can provide the separate portions of the flight review yet it has been my habit to have one instructor provide both pieces.

Opionions, thoughts?

Two instructors can give a flight review, no problem. Obviously (or maybe not), the review can't be all on the same endorsement if you do it this way. Make sure that each gives an endorsement- one for the ground part, one for the flight. Also, you can do the flight before the ground, or vice versa. Nothing wrong with it at all...legally.

I don't think it really matters one way or the other. If its being done with two though, then both instructors need to communicate so that its effective for the pilot getting the review. Otherwise, the ground instructor may have focused heavily on systems and performance, while the flight guy is dismayed that the pilot who just went through a thorough ground review can't remember pattern entry procedures, airspace, and VFR weather mins. You get the idea...

EatSleepFly said:
Two instructors can give a flight review, no problem.
And it's even a good marketing idea for FBOs - a group ground session to attract pilot who haven't flown in a while, with individual CFIs only doing the flight portion.

This is also an opportunity for ground instructors...

Latest resources

Back