Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rjcap

Nonstop Geneva to TEB in winter months.

Is it possible, and if so what fuel are you landing with ?

Thanks

flight time is around 7:15 with a 17500 pound burn at .80

flight time around 7:35 with a 16500 pound burn at .78

I've done Boston to Zurich (winter time) and landed with around 3000 pounds

stop in einn pre clear customs. cross the pond with a full belly of fuel.....don't play with the range on the cl604... she will bite you...part of the problem is you need to stay relatively low at first because of the weight

Just ran a real time flight plan with ARINC for our 605 at .77 and FL360 initially with our typical load of 2 pax, 2 kids and 200lbs bags. Burn was 17000#, flight time was 8+05. MTOW. Doesn't leave too many options. I agree with ruhroa, preclear and get some cheap gas in Shannon.

The last week or so has had winds at 10-20kts over the entire Atlantic....not quite what you can count on.

Geneva-TEB would normally be at least 9+00 at .80 this time of year....and also, there is never delays into TEB right? where is your alternate for customs 24/7 - KALB?

As others suggested, leave the expensive fuel in Geneva and fill up in Shannon and preclear...

Global/G5/7X would easily guarantee that leg, not sure what else.

I agree with all the posts above... westbound stop in EINN (cheap gas). Another option, if the winds allow it is to stop in Gander or Stephansville (sp?) and just top off the wings. It's alot quicker than waiting for the tail and aux to fill in EINN. The winds don't always allow that option but it's one to consider.

Latest resources

Back