60 Minutes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hubie,
You should realize who was in control of the house and senate in the last administration, maybe then you would realize that it has nothing to do with what party is in power. It has everything to do with money and votes these scammers will do anything for money on both sides... Money = votes, votes = they keep a high paying job with lots of perks and power..

Hubie,
You should realize who was in control of the house and senate in the last administration, maybe then you would realize that it has nothing to do with what party is in power. It has everything to do with money and votes these scammers will do anything for money on both sides... Money = votes, votes = they keep a high paying job with lots of perks and power.. They then pass a bunch of crapy laws that do nothing to help the situation, but make joe blow on the street feel safe and they get votes.. Everybody loses exept them....

I think we have every right to profile people who look like
that hijacker that we see on video footage walking through
security that morning with the blue shirt on about to board his flight to Boston on 9/11. Why the hell not? I grew up playing in those buildings as a kid in the summertime, and I'm mad as hell.
I think more americans ought to be more pissed off instead of
worrying about whose feelings are being hurt. DUH, there is no more world trade center!

I have wondered if Mineta thought that criminal profiling would be ineffective, and not worth implementing as a part of our security plan. Certainly, he would have to take some heat from many interest groups, think tanks, and PAC's if he went along with the program.

It may be that many people, Mineta included, are afraid that this profiling might be effective, and show us that it makes sense in other areas of crime fighting. A bi-partisan move to profiling would maintain political stability, but it would deprive many of the political issue (open minded "us" versus mean spirited "them") for their election campaign.

In the final analysis, it's probably just a lack of old-fashioned guts on the part of many people, and a use of symbolism over substance.

Why aren't the McVays as much of a threat to our way of life? Motivation. Most would rather enjoy life, and make half hearted attempts at demonstrating their political views.

Young muslim men, on the other hand, are single-minded individuals, motivated by a misplaced belief that there is an eternal reward for their sacrifice. They are, as we have seen, a far more dangerous group.

Last edited:
I thought for sure that something as horrific as 9/11 would bring about immediate results from our beaurocratic gov't. Instead, lots of common sense measure have not been implemented and are no where to be seen. Where the gov't has failed, the airlines are not taking up the slack. Common sense was telling me years before 9/11 that we needed better cockpit doors. It all boils down to money. When money is involved, everything is reactive, not proactive. Even then there is no guarantee.
People are stealing airline crew uniforms, yet we have no national standard for quality ID's. We are still himing and hawing over guns in the cockpit. Airport security is targeting 90 year old men with hearing aids. An on and on and on...

Latest resources

Back