• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aero99

just a member, not senior
http://www.wfaa.com/watchvideo/index.jsp?SID=3070124

This is what happens when you mix bad genes and alcohol.

I would bet this really is fairly common around the smaller aiports and smaller towns.

For those without real one player, some bozo is getting on the radio at TKI (McKinney just north of DFW) and threatening to shoot down aircraft. I used to to touch and go's out of there and a buddy said some guy did this a few years back because " of all the noise with those D%MN aircraft flying to low"....

Another nice touch for GA and isn't great how the reporter dramatizes this as a "terrorist threat".
The news will jump on anything aviation related and put a twist that the general population probably gets all freaked about.

If it is a prank, they should take him up in an airplane and throw his a$$ out of it.

There is a Gulfstream that frequents Burbank (It might even be based here, I dunno) but anyway, it was over at Long Beach for some time due to a nice hole in the RH flap it received last New Years Eve when it flew out of some field in Georgia and was hit by a bullet.

They think it was not fired at the jet intentionally but was shot from someone just firing off a rifle into the air to celebrate the New Year.

I never saw it but one guy who did said it looked really big about quarter size.

Mike
:)

I remeber a few years back DFW was closed for 20 min or so around midnight on new years eve( at least that's what teh news said)......don't know if that's is a normal practice, but you sure wouldn't catch me flying during that hour....

Latest resources

Back