Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

51 pilot sick calls...more to come...I'm sure!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I highly doubt they really record all calls.
I have never heard a solid case where a pilot was repremanded because of a phone call. I've heard rumors, but they're just that...rumors.
I worked as a dispatcher at another airline and out DO tried to tell us all of our conversations were recorded as well. If they really were, we'd all be fired....not for yelling at crew members, but just the content of our conversations...of course they were all friendly, we were a tight nit airline.

But if they are really recorded, I'm sure they would only be used against the pilot....not in defense of.
All calls are recorded in the SOCC. They've used them agaisnt some of the mx controllers and dispatchers.

Just remember my fellow professionals, don't post ANYTHING on an internet forum (this one or your internal COMAIR forum) that could be construed as taking part in, or organizing anything resembling a "sick out." The injunction that just got slapped on us here at UAL had NUMEROUS examples of supposedly anonymous internet postings that were used against us in court. Even though UA-ALPA obviously didn't organize a sick-out, the blame for the guys that did call out sick on their own out of anger, wanting time off, etc. (i.e. the guys getting furloughed here) fell right onto UA-ALPA's lap......the Railway Labor Act doesn't care if the union organizes it or not.

I saw a couple of posts above mine that looked a lot like posts I saw my company putting in front of a Federal judge just a few months ago.

I'm just saying.....be careful guys!

Thanks for the heads up. But this thread is not about anything like that. Truly, thanks again for looking out.

All calls are recorded in the SOCC. They've used them agaisnt some of the mx controllers and dispatchers.
Not saying it's not true, just wondering WHY!?
What could a Dxer or MX Cntrl do on the phone? Unless they were trying to "bully" the pilot.

He's gotta be naive intentionally.
He has to be smarter than this to understand that there will probably be record sick calls this month.
-Guys who are scheduled work Xmas and New Years who havent worked it in years past will use up their saved up sick time.
-All the guys getting furloughed will use it all up.
-All the guys anticipating to be cut after the next round will be using theirs....myself included.
-The the normal guys who just call sick every Holiday.

I wouldn't be suprised if Comair had recond cancellations this Holiday season. But I doubt the company would release the numbers, as it would be "gratifying" to the pilot group who want to bring the company to it's knees.

Considering that Delta has said that only the best performing DCI carriers will survive. With the shrinking of the KCVG hub and all the furloughs from Comair, I think it is evident that Comair will be one to get the ax.

Has anyone crunched the numbers to figure out how may FOs will be needed for 2009. Because we have furloughed 206 and there will be 92 more on 01/19/08...I'm expecting another list to come out...but I am curious how many FOs it will take to match CMR "staffing models."

I didn't crunch the number, but here is what RP is telling folks now. He says we will be down to approximately need 1054 total pilots including those on any kind of leave. Here is the breakdown.

390 CRJ CAs
365 CRJ FOs
153 CR7 CAs
146 CR7 FOs

These numbers will be reached in the first quarter. With the news today that 500,000 jobs were lost in November and the continuing fall on the cost oil I definitely see more people driving and there will be even less demand for the airlines. Good luck to everyone!

new prez call

according to your new prez at Comair there will be no more rductions in 2009 after the one in Jan. Can't say I believe him, but that is what he said.

according to your new prez at Comair there will be no more rductions in 2009 after the one in Jan. Can't say I believe him, but that is what he said.

Right...just like "if we get our cockpit cost down we will be more competitive...we will get more airplanes and more flying."

Or...something close to that.

Plus factor in the effect on the morale of another 100 guys thinking they are getting furloughed.

Not that morale isn't already at an all time low.

I don't think they are going to let on even if they know what is going to happen.

But, I am willing bet no one really knows what is going to happen.

Including our "fearless...truth telling...straight talking" leader.

Good luck to all!

Something to ponder in regards to the cockpit costs..... Now that we have been going through downgrades, we have the most expensive cockpits out there at the regional level. The most expensive CAs are flying with the most expensive FOs.

In regards to being more cost competitive to get additional flying opportunities...... I beg for someone to explain this to me. We have lost so many airplanes and pilots to the point that we aren't even of the size to compete with everyone else. If we can't compete will NOT get more flying. If you wanted to be really optomistic, you could say we would get a little flying from SANTA, but that wouldn't even come close to making up for what we have lost. How many planes have we lost in the past 2 years? Don't forget the 900s were not new airplanes. They were replacements..

Not Looking Good

I was recently donwgraded also. Looking at the senority numbers, Comair could potentionally be a "ALL CAPTAIN (4 bars)" airline by this Summer. Who would have thunk it.

Latest resources

Back