• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$50 application fee. What!!??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't cough up $50 to apply at Mesa and am glad I didn't. Similarly, I'm not buying a type rating just to work at Southwest. If a company can't afford to interview/train me, then I will find one that will. If you value yourself and demonstrate it, you'll find work that values you as well.

taloft said:
I didn't cough up $50 to apply at Mesa and am glad I didn't. Similarly, I'm not buying a type rating just to work at Southwest. If a company can't afford to interview/train me, then I will find one that will. If you value yourself and demonstrate it, you'll find work that values you as well.

I'm with ya, mate, on the Southwest issue. You must really want to work there to pay for training. It's a good company, but not for me.

SWA is not PFT. They simply require their new hires to have a 737 type. It is a requirement for the job, just like having an ATP and 1000 PIC. If you don't want to pay for the type then get yourself a job as a 737 pilot somewhere, upgrade, build the 1000 hours, and then apply.

hoover said:
SWA is not PFT. They simply require their new hires to have a 737 type. It is a requirement for the job, just like having an ATP and 1000 PIC. If you don't want to pay for the type then get yourself a job as a 737 pilot somewhere, upgrade, build the 1000 hours, and then apply.

As just about 3 airlines operating 737s is hiring these days, you pretty much have to pay for it yourself if you want to work at SWA. Not making judgments, or criticisms, it's just my perspective.

You have to have an ATP also, is paying for that also part of the PFT conspiracy?

Or to make the point even better you need to pay for your Private pilots licence too. Having a program based on hiring 737 qualified pilots saves SWA a lot of money. Starting someone without a type would take a lot more time. Nope.....I don't work at SW and have never applied. I understand and agree with their policy though.

Taloft, boy I guess you will show SWA who is boss, if they want to hire you they will have to change their ways. In fact I bet you won't even interview for a flying job unless they buy you a ticket to come to the interview. Stand tall, you are a man of iron will who not stoop to the levels of ordinary pilots looking for jobs. Your values will make your job search a lot more dificult, best of luck.

Originally Posted by pilotyip
Now back in 1994 I believe there was a supposed airline starting up in CLT. They had $100 application fee, no airplanes, no certificate and only one guy in the office collecting applications. Remember in 1994 jobs were harder to get than right now and pay for training was in it hay day. However this guy was guilty of fraud and went to jail after collecting over $25,000 in application fees.

Oh Kit Darby, will you ever learn?

Inconceivable said:
Originally Posted by pilotyip
Now back in 1994 I believe there was a supposed airline starting up in CLT. They had $100 application fee, no airplanes, no certificate and only one guy in the office collecting applications. Remember in 1994 jobs were harder to get than right now and pay for training was in it hay day. However this guy was guilty of fraud and went to jail after collecting over $25,000 in application fees.

Oh Kit Darby, will you ever learn?

Nice!

Latest resources

Back