421 intitial school choices

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bugchaser

Have fallen into a great opportunity to fly a 421 for a local business man. We have gotten the go ahead from the insurance but I will be required to attend school on the airplane. If given the choice where would you go to do this. I have been hearing good things about Simcom. Let me know what your oppinions are so that I can make a reservation.

Been to SIMCOM twice for recurrent on the CE500. But I looked at all the sims and the props seemed to be very nice, well taken of, excellent instructors, informal learning atomsphere. Everyone was friendly. The facility at Orlando is brand new; hotels are nearby and they will ride you to/from the facility (about a 2 minutes ride). Good eating places nearby.

Would that job happen to be in Western Ks? Just curious, I might know the owner of that plane.

I have been to SIMCOM for a variety of aircraft and thought they did a very good job. Some of the instructors are better than others, but overall it was a good experience every time.

Hey Swass, no the airplane in question is in the North Texas panhandle.

Simcom is the place to go for that airplane ... you'll get good training from instructors that have actually flown the bird. I've been there twice and have been very happy. The Orlando facility is new, very nice, convenient to food and hotels.

Good luck!

R

simcom, orlando.

ask for charles "burkowski." i know i spelled it wrong, sorry.

charles knows every nut and bolt of that airplane and is a great instructor. i could be wrong, but i think that he is an AP/IA and DAR. he has also owned one of most every type of 400 series cessna over the years. great guy, great training, great facility.
ask for charles by name. you'll be glad you did.

We had ATM out of Vero Beach for Aerostar training. They come to you and teach out of your plane. I think the only problem with this is your not able to get all the failures you can get in a sim. The trade off is training in the plane that your going to fly. Great training from the instructor, took four days.

Latest resources

Back