$41 hamburger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freight Dog

NEW YORK (Jan. 10) - And yes, it comes with fries.

A 20-ounce hamburger fashioned from ultra-tender Kobe beef debuted this week at the landmark Old Homestead restaurant. At $41, it is the most expensive hamburger in the city.

It is the first time the 135-year-old steakhouse has ever put a burger on its menu. The restaurant bills it as ``The World's Most Decadent Hamburger.''

``This is not about price,'' restaurant owner Marc Sherry said Friday, when the restaurant sold nearly 200 of the new burgers. ``This is an event.''

The burgers debuted on Tuesday.

Kobe beef, imported from Japan, comes from cattle raised on beer and massaged daily to make the meat soft and succulent.

The burger, which has a piece of herb butter in the middle of each patty, comes on a special roll with exotic mushrooms and microgreens - shredded baby lettuce.

Put away the bottled ketchup. The burger comes with a homemade ketchup, mustard or horseradish sauce.

``And it's served,'' Sherry added, ``with our classic garlic shoestring fries.''

Originally posted by Freight Dog Kobe beef, imported from Japan, comes from cattle raised on beer and massaged daily to make the meat soft and succulent. [/B]
Raised on beer and massaged daily...what a life!

So with the flight to get it, that would be the $141 hamburger? Sheesh that thing is more expensive than filet mingion.

filet mignon

Shawn, thanks for the reminder that I've gotta do a flight up to Harris Ranch. :cool:

Mmmmm . . .

Harris Ranch . . . now there is an excellent $100 steak! Even a fun little strip to fly into as well.

When I make it back to the west coast (someday), that is stop #1 on my list.

Regards,
FlyWest

Freight Dog said:
Kobe beef, imported from Japan, comes from cattle raised on beer and massaged daily to make the meat soft and succulent.

Once you put meat through a grinder (to make the hamburger) isn't is all "soft and succulent"? Kinda defeats the purpose of the message! :D

Freight Dog said:
raised on beer and massaged daily

Sounds like a lot of pilots I know! ;) :D

Latest resources

Back