400xp vs. Ultra

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heavy Set said:
You already have experience on the Beechjet - perhaps you should try the Ultra... I've heard good and bad things about both. At least you'll have shorter flights than the ones you are used to on the C5...

Don't listen to heavy set he's not a pilot.

And how do you know that? He seems to know a lot about aviation and it seems he enjoys it. You do not, and it shows. Let me guess? You are in it for the money!!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys, I'm leaning towards the 400, mainly because training will be a lot easier (I hope!), and it sounds like a nice new shiny airplane. I'm about to go out and fly for 9 days in that big ol dirty C5 so the thought of a seat without 30 years of 'essence' embedded in the fabric sounds like a dream!

Did you try for EJI too? I have heard that EJI (or NJI) has brought on a bunch of C5 guys in the past...

Last edited:
On Your Six said:
Did you try for EJI too? I have heard that EJI (or NJI) has brought on a bunch of C5 guys in the past...

I did the online application - didn't hear anything back. Interesting turn of events though; I called back and was offered a choice of 4 aircraft all with the same (mid-march) start date - 400, ultra, excel, and 800. Took the 800 naturally - the hell with schedules and upgrade times! :)

ultra over the 400 any day, I thought the ultra was tight inside until i set foot in a new 400, dam that 400 is small inside.
Also was is not just Beechjet day I mean Groundhog day.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back