400ls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cheyflyer said:
Anybody out there operate or has operated the Cheyenne 400LS. How did you like it and what are its typical weaknesses. Any operating info would be useful especially cost.

Thanks,

CF
Never flew the 400, but I have time in the III. Extremely nice airplane, beautiful control harmony and more power from those big direct-drives and paddle props would have only made it better. Had several time-to-altitude records if IIRC. At least one by Yeager.
Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

oldxfr8dog said:
Never flew the 400, but I have time in the III. Extremely nice airplane, beautiful control harmony and more power from those big direct-drives and paddle props would have only made it better. Had several time-to-altitude records if IIRC. At least one by Yeager.
Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

I hate the damn thing...of course, I'm flying serial number one. :(

A lot of fun to fly, a real rush on take off and climb. A real eye-catcher when taxing on to the ramp. Wireing and electric problems was most of our problems and Piper is no help. Most maint. places know nothing about these machines. If your looking for one, really go through the log books and see what type of reacuring problems it has had.

Latest resources

Back