4 year degree at JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And speaking of frivolous suits...

Since this thread has been totally highjacked already....I heard yesterday that the dude with one eye won his law suit here! Something like a million bucks. Sure wish we could shoot lawyers and judges...oh yeah, they are one in the same.

Thanks for the 3.2% info update...

I just wanted to point out that the pool of female ATP's is very low... My experience has been if 2 potential pilots show up with similar quals the woman or a minority will get the job first. This is not a slam, it is just the way it is. Big Corps and Gov need the right numbers. It is sort of like trying to get enough guys to be nurses. There just aren't that many guys out there that want to be nurses, so the numbers will never reflect population norms correctly.

So, anyway... if I was a woman pilot, I'd just say ... that's the way it is... so sad, too bad... get over it... yuh gotta use all the tools in the box...

I have also been told by friends flying for big corporations that I applied to for available flying jobs, ("off the record", and "we'll deny all"), that I had not been offered the jobs (flying G-IV's and G-V's) because I was not female or a minority.

One of the companies has sent a female hire to Flight Safety 3 times and she has not come back a G-V PIC yet. This same company even had a $10,000 bonus payout for each woman or minority hired.

When I was a flight instructor in the Navy, woman and minorities always got extra chances and more "downs" to help them complete the program. I saw this first hand, several times.

It is not a level playing field and I'm not bitter about it. It's just the way it is...

Skirt, I appreciate the response, I'll check in to it for sure.

Just to clear things up slightly, I worked on the Subs as a Navy Diver, I wasn't a "Bubble Head", as divers we were offered 'shake down' rides after a refit(repair job). Scuba divers are stationed on subs.

Thanks,

krusty

Latest resources

Back