Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skaz

Dark Lord of the Sith
I hope somebody can provide me with some leads...

Am looking for a position in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico or Utah. I have 3300 TT, 1517 ME , 400 jet, 770 turbine, 2500 PIC, 400Ifr...

not looking for airline job, but rather a jet charter or corporate gig, or other charter work....

any leads greatly appreciated

thanks

Have you tried looking into what services the local indians out there?? When I worked at an FBO in Arizona, there was always a King Air 200 flying Navajo Indians all over the place, but don't know what company it was.

I think its Eagle Air Med. that flies Air Ambulance around the 4 corners area. I see them all the time in Flagstaff flying C-90s. I believe its basically an air ambulance company. I've talked with a few of their pilots. Most of them work 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. They have bases in Window Rock, Tuba City, and Kayenta, AZ. Might be a few other places, but I"m not sure. Pay sounds decent too.

Hmmm...D&D aviation out of SLC?? They have a Lear 31 or 35 and a couple Gulfstream IV's i believe...try them out, good people from what i hear.

You're gonna be hard pressed to find a jet job in the actual "four corners area." Not impossible by any means...but not easy. There just isn't a large, expanding, thriving economy there. The navajo nation takes up much of the area and Farmington and Durango are the most populous areas. Don't get me wrong....I love the area and would move there in a heartbeat for a quality job. They're just few and far in between. You mentioned AZ, UT, CO, and NM. For a jet job that means....Phoenix, Salt Lake, Denver, and Albuquerque. Not exactly the four corners.

Thanks for the info guys, perhaps I should have made the heading "4 Corner States, job wanted"

I understand that the best places to look then are:phoenix, Salt Lake, Denver, and Albuquerque, any leads on jobs in those cities?
thanks guys

For the Phoenix area, your best bet is to look for something out of Scottsdale. Lots of money in and out of there. Good luck.

I just moved from the Four Corners area (FMN). Your best bet for that particular area is probably out of Durango, CO. Farmington has a few operators but they mostly have ex-mesa/america west guys flying those a/c, and they're piston twins. There's an airmed company based there, they've got a PC-12 (N912NM I believe) and I've seen a KingAir 90 in their hanger before as well. Most of the corp. guys that come into FMN fly in from Phoenix - gas company a/c.

Scottsdale is where it's at. It's the Teterboro of the SW. I would fly there about 3-4 times a month and it seemed more and more a/c kept showing up.

Skaz, Eagle Airmed is looking for KA captains right now. They are a good company to work for. Don'r know much about their scheduel...but they fly regularly. I think they were looking for someone to be based in Kayenta AZ. Tha's pretty close to Monument ValleY. I think pay starst around 50K.
PM if you need any info. I fly for the competition.

Latest resources

Back