• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah finish college period!

2ndly right now no regional is going to hire a 300 hour wonder. Comair recently had interviews, I had a buddy there with over 1000/100 and guess what? He was the odd ball. Most had well over 3000 hours and most had 121 experience. You personally would not stand a chance against them.

Piedmont is still hiring, but went from 15 a month, to now an undetermined number through the end of the year. 500/50 is the mins now.

We're now down to not even being a CFI? Holy ********************....you dont need a job, you need experience so captains dont kill you.

And the regionals aren't like the NBA, there's no reason to NOT get a degree. This industry is horrid right now- you need at least a backup.

Keep in mind usually the regionals that will hire the lowest time guys are normally the worst to work for.

Well I would love to do some PC-12 flying but I dont have near the mins for insurance same with the king air I would prefer that but they all want close to 1200 hours. The reason I would like to jump on the bandwagon is the last time there was a hiring wave I missed it because I was in school and then look right afterwards there was no hiring and its looking pretty bleak. As for the degree it's an Aviation Management Degree outta SIU and I really have no desire to use it unless I absolutely have to use it and even then finding a management job with no experience isn't real an easy thing to do. Hence the reason why if I get a job offer I want to jump on it. I'm sure I will be getting my CFI because it doesn't seem like a job that I would mind doing right now so if I have to I will do that I am all for not having 300 hour wonders in the cockpit but when you got bills coming in you do what gotta do. Thanks for the input.
P.S. I won't be applying to Mesa anytime soon even though I think there hiring with crazy bonus' to new hires.

Everyone on here is telling you to finish your degree. STAY IN SCHOOL!! Now is not the best time to get into this industry. Don't make a mistake that you will regret later. Most majors either require a bachelor's degree or highly prefer one.

Last edited:
Maybe you should go to mesa, since you are contemplating finishing one more measly year of school. They are both horrible decisions, but go hand in hand

I will stay Ive decided its just that I'm afraid I'm going to miss the hiring wave again for a second time, thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back