• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

30 Captain displacement at Pinnacle effective 3/2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How's that brand scope coming? Any news from Herndon? Never mind.....

The news from Herndon is that they need to bring in fresh blood to replace the lost income from the US Airways pilot group. The Colgan pilots are a start, but the addition of NPA (Airtran) pilots will bring in the income levels back to an "acceptable" level. How else are the Herndon head honchos suppose to buy a Mercedes Benz S class every two years?

The Colgan pilots are a start...

I liked how with all the celebration of Colgan going ALPA, almost no-one mentioned that ALPA lost Atlas and Polar on the same day.

I liked how with all the celebration of Colgan going ALPA, almost no-one mentioned that ALPA lost Atlas and Polar on the same day.

Actually, it was two days later.

With the addition of AirTran in the next few months, it will be a wash in the number of pilot groups, but ALPA's revenue will actually go much higher, since Atlas and Polar were really a drain on ALPA resources, requiring more money than they paid in. AirTran will cover our own costs right away, and as soon as we start growing again, we'll actually provide net positive revenue for national.

AirTran will cover our own costs right away, and as soon as we start growing again, we'll actually provide net positive revenue for national.

As a good friend of mine likes to say, I'll be holding my breast.

Latest resources

Back