• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

3 Of The Biggest Lies In Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guaranteed interview is worth about as much as a few hundred shares in most airlines.

We are getting new airplanes soon!
we are going to upgrade you soon!
Don't belive anything until you see it on the ramp or hold the certicate or type rating in your hand.

Time has nothing to do with skill level. We have a a guy, that has like 4,000 hours and all he will ever be is a king air 200 co-pilot. He is the only guy I have ever met that could show up an hour early for work, 2 hours before take off and still be late.

Flight time is like coaching a sports team with talent. If you have the time and the talent you can win, but a bad coach can't always win with the talent

Last edited:
You dudes have not been around aviation if you think THOSE are the three biggest lies. Keep looking.

Actually I do believe some Flight Training Programs are better than others...look at the Air Force and Navy. Why does the Air Force have better pilots than the Navy? ;)

I'm sure I will get flamed on this post, especially since there are a few guys with USN Convo's going on already.:p

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"I don't know, but I've been told... Navy wings are made of GOLD!"

"I don't know, but it's been said... Air Force wings are made of LEAD!"

Gotta "sing" it as a marching cadence...

I definitely gotta' get the rest of that and do it for my CAP SQ/CC :D .

Just kidding as ALL of our military pilots (and troops) are the best in the world. Just gotta hope these days the the civilian population of the US doesn't forget that. All that media brainwashing concerning the Middle East...

You bring up a very good point! I've been hearing it a lot lately for wanting to go to the USAFA, they, my family, think I should do something more in the civilian world of flying. They just don't get it...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
buffettck said:
Yup, and tell your family about the Montgomery GI bill you'll have when you get out. And the VHA home loan benefits. And the wealth of experience that a civilian aviator could only dream of. Try landing an aircraft with more holes in it than when it departed. 30mm AA fire will do that to ya. :erm: Come to think of it, that's probably why your family wants you as a civvy pilot. Go military aviation and you WILL be deployed to the Middle East sooner or later. Good luck either way!

It's got it's up and downs. I suppose that if you don't mind getting shot at then the military is for you. Me personally, I think the military is the way to go... but we'll just wait and see how it turns out.

Please help me!

I'm confused here and somewhat new to the Board. I mean no disrespect but how do these posts and conversatons about military operations get into a thread about civilian flight training Part 61 vrs. Part 141....

buffettck said:
2002-2004 as a DESRON FIFTEEN staff operations puke. Bad tour as it was dissasociated which meant NO flying... So I got to be a SWO to see the "big Navy" for cultural exposure, I guess. Barf... That was my last tour. Unfortunately, they make all the LAMPS guys do the disassociated tour and, as a result, the Navy loses a lot of good pilots (before and after the tour) and corporate knowledge and just has to spend mucho taxpayer $$$ to train newbies to replace them. Even when they "finish" and get winged, there's still the RAG (or FRS these days) to get through and not tank it. Not the easiest phase, either. All just to end up in a squadron with ZERO fleet/operational/tactical experience...

Kitty Hawk, 94-97, as an AS3 SE mech. Had some good times on her!! What years for you?

A LOT of $$$. When I was in flight school, the going trend was 7 students to actually get one flight recruit out of college from zero time all the way to operating/flying in the fleet due to academic or flight skill attrition, injury, being a dumb ass, whatever. Saw more than a few of my young invincible compadres get the boot for DUI or getting caught with a video camera while actually trying to fly an aerobatic solo in the T-34. One guy actually figured out a way to splice the camera audio into his helmet/ICS, but woops! Got some wires crossed and he ended up "narrating" in the clear to God and everyone and over the radio on the area common frequency. XO happened to be flying at the time, too! Instantly removed from the program. I wonder why he couldn't figure that one out because one shouldn't be getting a side-tone if the "narrative" commentary was meant for internal comms only...

Ah, good times. :rolleyes: Wonder how it is these days...

UndauntedFlyer said:
I'm confused here and somewhat new to the Board. I mean no disrespect but how do these posts and conversatons about military operations get into a thread about civilian flight training Part 61 vrs. Part 141....

Joshrk22 said:
Actually I do believe some Flight Training Programs are better than others...look at the Air Force and Navy. Why does the Air Force have better pilots than the Navy? ;)

I'm sure I will get flamed on this post, especially since there are a few guys with USN Convo's going on already.:p

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You must've missed that post. Here you go! ;)

UndauntedFlyer said:

Then don't read it.

THREE MOST USELESS THINGS FOR PILOTS:

1) The runway behind you
2) The altitude above you
3) The fuel you should have put on before you took off

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back