• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

3 Delta employees indicted on drug charges

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait for season 3 of "Locked up Abroad". Atlanta is the closest thing to a foreign country we have here in the states. Probably will make more than selling a motorcycle, once they are sentenced to probation that is.....

You guys are missing the news that's right around the corner, Delta is looking to buy a Columbian drug field and processing plant to decrease the overhead. Discussions are on-going, so no detials to be released at this time.
Sorry buddy, but SWA is one Red Eye from Cancun away from the rampers figuring out how to pad their pockets for retirement. If they grew poppies in West Texas SWA would be in the news as well.

Late 90's, AA MIA ramp was Pirates of the Caribbean. Dudes were disappearing. Some real professionals were making big money. Alot of copy cats got involved. Feds showed up and busted the copy cats accepting bribes to stash stuff on jets. The rampers were looting money from everybody. Even the Colombian Cartels looked upon them as disreputable thieves.

Funny thing was, the goverment admitted they didn't have enough money to bribe the big players.

Then again, there was the goverment itself. Any chance the big search teams, complete with bag scanners, would search the inbound jets for drugs from Colombia, ect? Nope, those teams were reserved for searching the southbound jets for the $$ Millions in cash heading south for laundering.

10 plus cars loaded with search team members swarming an outbound jet. All civil servants driving late mode BMW's, Mercedes, Lexus and Lincolns. I'm sure they had more than a few "kick arse" busts of $100,000 that started at $500,000

10 plus cars loaded with search team members swarming an outbound jet. All civil servants driving late mode BMW's, Mercedes, Lexus and Lincolns. I'm sure they had more than a few "kick arse" busts of $100,000 that started at $500,000

You do realize that the cars they seize are then used by those civil servants (AKA- The DEA) on the job ? The rest are auctioned.

Or, they steal them and nobody notices that 'Bob' just bought a $120,000 AMG for his birthday ... :erm:

You guys are missing the news that's right around the corner, Delta is looking to buy a Columbian drug field and processing plant to decrease the overhead. Discussions are on-going, so no detials to be released at this time.

+1 what's next, a rubber field in South America and a processing plant to make tires and plastics for Delta planes? :nuts::laugh:

sensitive sensitive, lighten up Frances, it's a joke :rolleyes:
No...I get jokes. What I dont get is how many Delta pilots nailed this guys old lady that he has to poke his nose on EVERY Delta thread to take his shots. Either that or he got a rejection letter and just can't get over it.

You do realize that the cars they seize are then used by those civil servants (AKA- The DEA) on the job ? The rest are auctioned.

Or, they steal them and nobody notices that 'Bob' just bought a $120,000 AMG for his birthday ... :erm:

Yes I know they might use confiscated cars. I also know that every aspect of state/local/federal goverment has had more than a few instances of corruption. I saw the same thing in the late 1980's when visiting a south FL immigration office. There had to be 75+ high end, $50,000 cars parked on the employee only level of the garage. I knew something stank looking at the scene, years later, there were massive indictments/convictions there for taking bribes. I doubt MIA customs has been immune over the last 15 years.

As I mentioned, I saw many, many times where they had a mobile xray scanner looking at bags going into the holds. Looking for drugs? Nope, only for money. I've also seen them swarming the passengers on the jetbridges over and over again with teams and sniffer dogs. Looking for drugs? Nope, sniffing for money. Probably a hundred times I witnessed the same act, yet I never, ever saw them swarm an inbound flight from South America with the same zeal. A few of them would also swagger in with an attitude just like Denzel Washington's character in "Training Day" complete with expensive watches and gold. Sure, I've got no proof, but some what I saw, there probably was some inventory "leakage" of the confiscated cash. Haven't seen the same act lately though. My bet is the tactics have changed in response to losing the cash in the past.

Latest resources

Back