• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GooseHZ

getting in the way
2nd shot at FedEx.....
OK here we go.....

In Jan or Feb my year is up at FedEx and i can go back for my 2nd shot at the interview. I know i have to do the meet and greet with the CPs in MEM to get my interivew and look forward to going back. I would like to get any advice from you guys/gals that got turned down the 1st time.

I know i will get hired this time!!!! ( keep telling myself that) just cant figure out what i did wrong the 1st time......i have spent this last year "improving the overall package"......what else do i need to do?

i still have 5 LORs from FedEx pilots and 4 have flown with me.......

Any help/advice would be great.

Thanks

DW

(where did the 1st one go?)
user_online.gif

GooseHZ said:
2nd shot at FedEx.....
OK here we go.....

In Jan or Feb my year is up at FedEx and i can go back for my 2nd shot at the interview. I know i have to do the meet and greet with the CPs in MEM to get my interivew and look forward to going back. I would like to get any advice from you guys/gals that got turned down the 1st time.

I know i will get hired this time!!!! ( keep telling myself that) just cant figure out what i did wrong the 1st time......i have spent this last year "improving the overall package"......what else do i need to do?

Thanks

DW

http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

Give this guy a call, he does a really great job getting you preped. http://www.emeraldcoastinterviewconsulting.com/

Just so that you know .... it has happened

friend of mine did not get past the sim the first time ...around 14 mos. later got hired.
Good Luck
Los1

MAGNUM!! said:
I agree with V Stall. The guy is top notch. Good luck.

Agreed. To beat the Albie drum again, he and his staff are a big help. They're not magicians and cannot guarantee you'll get hired by your desired company, but they will take what you already have and polish it to high shine and can provide some valuable insight into the interview process.

Deuce130 said:
Agreed. To beat the Albie drum again, he and his staff are a big help. They're not magicians and cannot guarantee you'll get hired by your desired company, but they will take what you already have and polish it to high shine and can provide some valuable insight into the interview process.

Duece, Magnum, V-Stall---He has 'been there' and done that' didn't work the first time. So now what? Go back to Albie a second time?

Does he do the meet and greet and get backlogged 6 months? It is a tough position to be. Hnag in there Gooze and stay positive.

Good folks like Goose are one of the reasons we offer a money back guarantee. Sometimes, despite our best efforts, a client gets turned down. Goose is a solid citizen, however we do not screen our clients--you won't hear me say "if you have busted more than 2 checkrides, had an accident, gotten a DUI, been in jail, etc etc" we won't work with you or back you up. We help anyone who asks for our help. That sometimes means we have clients (not like Goose) who have a more uphill battle than other clients. Sometimes it might be due to "issues" in a background check, but sometimes it might just be "not clicking" with the 2 strangers across the table. As hard as we try, no interview process is perfect, and while I think we help a lot of folks sometimes (like this case) a client doesn't make it. Trust me--it p!sses us off too. We form relationships with our clients, and we want them to be successful. We also don't get paid when this happens--we send out refunds.

Interviewers see many people during the day. They can wake up hungry, tired, stressed, or bored on any day. Sometimes you just don't quite get the rapport you want to develop. Goose is no dummy--he'll get his next shot and more than likely will be successful this time.

PurpleTail said:
Duece, Magnum, V-Stall---He has 'been there' and done that' didn't work the first time. So now what? Go back to Albie a second time?

Does he do the meet and greet and get backlogged 6 months? It is a tough position to be. Hnag in there Gooze and stay positive.

Sorry, he didn't indicate he had done any formalized interview prep. I'm sure the second go-around will be better than the first. Good luck to him - I think everyone here is thankful to be on property and the more the merrier. Hang in there.

GooseHZ said:
2nd shot at FedEx.....
OK here we go.....

Thanks

DW

http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

Aw Goose, you know you love FLOPS and don't want to leave? By the way, I notice that C525 is not on your profile anymore. You going underground now?

Latest resources

Back