2nd Job ideas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CptRyno

Does anyone out there have a second job or know of an occupation that fits well with the typical short/no notice schedule in the corporate world?

Before you even suggest it, contract flying on scheduled days off is not a possibility. CP had it written into Op's manual that no one may fly for hire outside the company.

Thanks!

Always good to get serious, useful replies...

Anyhoo, I've always heard that Carmax is a good place for pilots. From what I understand they are pretty flexible on schedule and understand the 'sorry, gotta go' world of a pilot.

Always good to get serious, useful replies...

Anyhoo, I've always heard that Carmax is a good place for pilots. From what I understand they are pretty flexible on schedule and understand the 'sorry, gotta go' world of a pilot.
Not really, selling cars probably wouldn't be a good idea. One of my friends sells cars and on his days off if a customer comes back to buy a car, they page him to come in - if he doesn't or can't come in, they get someone else who is there to close the sale and they get the commisson.

or become a PIMP

Yeah, but who's gonna run yo' ho's when you're on the road?

If a guy at Carmax will steal your commission, you can bet your assistant pimp will steal yo' ho's f' sho'. ;) TC

P.S.--How about one of those call center jobs you can do from home. Poundin' beers, watching soaps and talking to some chick who's printer won't print--and gettin' paid! :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back