2nd interview at SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Linedriver

Was wondering if anyone had any input on the opportunity of a 2nd interview with SWA. How long does it take to get the call back?

I interviewed in 6/05 and have yet to get another interview. Has anyone received a 2nd invitation past the 18 month mark or longer?

I did a search for this topic but couldn't find anything. If there is already a thread on this let me know.

Comments/experience?

The two guys I know that went to the 2nd interview both ended up waiting almost 3 years.

Unfortunately, neither one of them got hired (both had the type). It blew me away in both cases b/c they are definitely SWA material.

I can only guess they both got some kind of "Interview-itis."

First interview was December 16, 2004. References were called but recieved the letter. Was invited to my second interview late April. Interview on July 26, 2007. Went to the September review board and was called Spetember 17th for a class sometime next year. Total time was 28 months before receiving my second interview. Keep the faith, yes, I did have my type the first time.

Are you updating your resume? This is apparently a huge factor. Show you care by updating monthly...at least quarterly. Have you become an instructor, captain, et al? At least show the increase in hours. Let them know...and often. Good luck.

Atp160's stats just about mirrored mine:
1st Int: Dec 14th '04. Called for #2 Apr07.
2nd Int: Jun 19th. Passed Jul DB. Typed in '03.

FWIW, I have known some guys to get called inside of 18 mths after their year in holding is up.

RM

I interviewed the first time in Nov 05 and 2nd time June 07. If the count of my fingers and toes is right I think thats about 19 months. Got the call after the July DB. Same deal, class 1st quarter next year. Definitely happy to be here and proud to serve. I had the type the first time and did the Air inc stuff and any other event I could get to. I also updated every other month. It has been a long time since I heard of anyone at exactly 12 months getting a call.

I interviewed summer (Aug 05) got the letter, 2nd interview (September 06)..got the job.

I did not change much except updated every month and switched from a 135 company to a 121 company. No more PIC and not much added time in general. I had the type-rating at the first interview.

2nd Interview

I interviewed in April of 2004 without the type and was turned down. I reinterviewed in June of 2005 and was hired. I started at SWA in November of 2005. I hope this helps.

737lj

Interviewed first time July 04. References called, but unfortunately got the letter. Second interview July 07, thumbs up should start training sometime early next year. I had the type from the beginning. It took me three years from interview 1 to interview 2.

See you guys in DAL!!

If they didn't want you the first time, why would they hire you (or anybody) the second time? It's like you changed in some dramatic way or something, don't think so. It's some game they play to waste your time and effort to see if you "really" want to work for the almighty. What's their hiring percentage of the interview group, like 30%... WTF & they have guys sliding off the runway killing people? It's obviously not that scientific if they think they are picking the cream of the crop. I doubt they will be all that mighty in the future. They will always have their niche, but there are way better jobs out there.

If you already have your 73 type, I'd go for it. If not, look for something with a more promising future and faster upgrade.

Latest resources

Back