• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2nd interview at SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah listen to him... promising future and faster upgrade..that sounds like a job at a regional airline....last time I checked besides mabye CAL, we have the fastest upgrade.....can you name another one?

If they didn't want you the first time, why would they hire you (or anybody) the second time? It's like you changed in some dramatic way or something, don't think so. It's some game they play to waste your time and effort to see if you "really" want to work for the almighty. What's their hiring percentage of the interview group, like 30%... WTF & they have guys sliding off the runway killing people? It's obviously not that scientific if they think they are picking the cream of the crop. I doubt they will be all that mighty in the future. They will always have their niche, but there are way better jobs out there.

If you already have your 73 type, I'd go for it. If not, look for something with a more promising future and faster upgrade.

In the words of Redd Forman, "He's dumb, and he is an a$$.................. He's a dumba$$"

Thanks for the input.

Glad to see there is still hope. I had the type for my first interview and have continued to build the PIC and several additional type ratings and am now scheduled to interview at Delta.

I have all Part 91/corporate experience and was wondering if the 121 experience would help. (If I get the job)

My own story: Interviewed 11/05, got a letter and am still waiting on the second call. Updating every month and holding my breath. I really gotta get myself to one of the job fairs, but couldn't justify spending $200 to meet them when they're not even hiring for the forseeable future.

P.S. Who cares about quick upgrades at SWA? You'll make more as an SWA FO than you will when you upgrade at most majors.

Are you updating your resume? This is apparently a huge factor. Show you care by updating monthly...at least quarterly. Have you become an instructor, captain, et al? At least show the increase in hours. Let them know...and often. Good luck.

Updating the online app. weekly. I have received additional type ratings and my PIC is growing.

I'm sure there are more in my position - any comments on getting some 121 experience if possible?

Comments/suggestions/experience?

Why do some get passed over in round one but get picked up next time around?

If they need 10 pilots and interview 25 all may be acceptable but there are spots for only 10. Next time around you may look like the shinning star due to your peers being less qualified not unqualified.

It took me 18 months to get the call for a 2nd interview. I pulled all the strings I had to try and get a 2nd interview when my 12 months was up, but at the time they said it was 18 months between interviews. Talking to Megan and Rebekah at Air Inc gave me a little insight into their process for 2nd timers. Apparently they plan a certain percentage of their interviewees to be 2nd timers. I believe she said it was 5% at the time. So, if they are calling 200 people to interview in a given month, then 10 of them will be 2nd timers. I think the number and qualifications of the pool of 2nd timers will determine when (if) you get a call for another interview. In addition, Megan confirmed that there is about a 75% success rate for 2nd timers.

In addition, a SWA F/O buddy was talking to a well-connected CA on a trip. Evidently your performance in the first interview can also affect whether you get another call. This passes the common sense check, as you would think they would want to call a guy who barely missed the cutoff on the first try versus a guy who they ranked at the bottom.

The bottom line is that none of us can do anything to affect their system. Get the job with Delta because there are no guarantees with SWA. They may never call you back, and even if they do you might get turned down again. Their hiring process is far from perfect. If I were in your shoes I would put all my effort into getting the job with Delta. Keep updating your SWA application and if they call then you'll have a good decision to make.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back