Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

27 illegal aliens arrested at Timco (GSO)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Federal officials said TIMCO was not a target and is fully cooperating in the ongoing investigation, called “Operation Fly By.”

Niiiiiiice.....good company to work for. "we don't know who we hire, even though you need a 10 year background check to work in U.S. civilian aviation" (my own quote, not theres...but sheeeeesh!). :cool:

Although I sometime's feel the FARs are a bit strict...perhaps they're not quite strict enough in this case. So what if anybody can do the MX as long as an A&P signs them off? This is pure BS and is one of the reasons why we as technicians get a bad rap whenever there's a problem...and the reason we're so underpaid.

What are we...the Walmart of aviation technicians now? We've all paid our dues (and schools) to be professional technicians. This is just sick.

It is indeed a sorry state and actually probably worse than it appears on the surface. I personally know some of the licensed A&P's that are undoubtably doing much of the 'signing off' of paprework at places such as TIMCO in Greensboro and AAR in Indy. Without getting personal just imagine the type of person who was a mechanic for a short time, wasn't particularly good at it but did have a talent for kissing ass and made the move into management. Someone who hasn't actually turned a wrench in the past 15 years or so and thinks he or she knows it all - because you know how those management types just love pumping sunshine up each other's butts.

Okay, I better shut up now.....

Latest resources

Back