Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

25 year old boy-charmer shot dead at Vegas Airport, "the system worked" Sanchez said.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
25 year old boy-charmer shot at Vegas Airport, "the system worked" Sanchez said.

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Police shot and wounded a man at the city's international airport Tuesday after he grabbed a 3-year-old boy at knifepoint and ran through a security area, authorities said.

The child was unharmed and returned to his mother, who was at the airport, said Elaine Sanchez, spokeswoman for McCarran International Airport. The man was taken to a hospital.

"The system worked," Sanchez said. "As soon as the breach occurred, the police were in place and the system worked."

After the 25-year-old man grabbed the boy, he ran through an exit lane intended for passengers leaving the gates, officials said.

Three officers confronted him at the other side of the checkpoint, police said. One used a Taser gun to stun the man, police said.

He dropped the child and charged at the officers, said police spokesman Jose Montoya. Two officers each fired once.

The checkpoint was shut down for about 10 minutes, but there were no delays or interruptions of service at the airport, one of the nation's busiest, Sanchez said.
:eek:

Last edited:
viper548 said:
He's still alive, what do you mean the system worked?
I agree. Take him back out and try again

viper548 said:
He's still alive, what do you mean the system worked?
Ha...there you go, but he was such a knife guy!

A Sean Connery movie quote comes to mind....something about bringing a knife to a gunfight.
(paraphrased to avoid offending people of Italian descent)

Stifler's Mom said:
Maybe physically, but emotionally? Not so sure.
No, the news story today said that it is older brothers that make you turn gay, not BIG BROTHER.

Hahahahaha.

I got the one with the 8 3/8" barrell. There isn't much barrell rise but it feels like someone punched my hand as hard as they could. 5 rounds was enough for me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back