• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Grey Area

we have a guy who just got his B-350 Type from FlightSafety but it has a25 hour time requirement before SIC required is removed from his certificate.

He is flying with me, a CFI/MEI with B350 type. Do I need to sign his logbook as "instruction given" etc etc or can he simply log straight PIC in his logbook with no mention of me.

I think the FAR's say something like 25 hours "under the observation of a type rated crewmember" or similar statement but I wanted to ask

I had the same thing for my LR-JET type. I just put the name of the PIC that I flew with in my log book. I made a separate sheet with all the flights that we did together and had them sign that. After 25 hours took my log book and that sheet to the FSDO and had my SOE restriction removed.

Ok sounds good. I signed my full name and CFI expiration, etc in his remarks section yesterday before I saw your post, just to be safe

I had no signatures, names, etc. I had the SOE on my LR-JET type and when I went back a year later for a LR-45 type the FAA guy looked in my logbook, saw 300+ hours of LR31, and signed it away.

Latest resources

Back