• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

24hr. notice for INTL. Jumpseat??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe it has something to do with how the airline list you....I believe they are showing you like a passenger so the requirement is the same....1 hour.
I think there might be some airlines that still show up as ACM .. and crew members require 24 hours.
I dont have any current info sorry....but I have Jumped on both Delta and Continental with no roblem internationally

Just to explain the 24 hr rule that gets thrown into the mix....

The 24 hour TSA rule applies for crew. If your airline has the ability to put you in the cockpit as a jumpseater (computer listing), then you must be on that list 24 hours prior for TSA to verify all cockpit crew. the 24 hour rule does not apply to cabin seats.....be they filled with revenue, non-revenue, jumpseaters, etc.

As a jumpseater on Delta you MUST be at the gate NLT 75 minutes prior to scheduled departure or they WILL deny you a seat. 75 minutes is the minimum time to get you on the passenger screening list sent to TSA prior to any/all international flights. Most airlines say 90 minutes prior to pad the time a little. DAL uses the hard 75 minutes prior. That means through security, and standing in front of the agent NLT 75 minutes. I repeat it because there have been a few people denied at less than 75 minutes.

Also, if you are a Delta Connection pilot you will be unable to "jumpseat" on DAL international flights. the computer will deny you the jumpseat, and the agents will move you over to the stand-by list where the computer will list you as a DCI employee (higher priority than offline) and "charge" you as any DCI /DAL non rev would be charged (see your airline travel department for details to how many free international trip you can take). Hopefully, this glitch will be resolved when TSA open up CASS for international use, which could happen anytime now.

Hope this helps

That's the best in gouge on the subject that I've read. Thanks for the input

Latest resources

Back