• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mike man

Funk Master Flex
i know this is the wrong place for this but...i need an answer fast:

I need 24 hours off in 7 days...this is day 6, can I fly past 11:59PM tonight?

Company says yes, because I was not scheduled to fly more than 6, I'm pretty sure that is wrong...end of day 6 with no 24 hours off is a drop dead time...right?

Did your duty start at midnight on day 1? If not, I think you're legal, unless your contract is more strict (i.e. 1 calendar day off every 7 days).

Regarding regulatory compliance, as long as you have a rolling 24 hour period free of duty within any 7 day period, you're legal. Yes, this means that you could actually work 10 to 14 days straight, as well as within every 7 days there is a 24 hour period free, i.e. 3pm to 3pm.

Contractually is a totally different story. Many pilot groups have a "calendar day" definition in their contracts, meaning a complete Sunday, complete Monday, etc. There are even some groups that have a clause requiring that off day be in Domicile.

Hope this helps.

LTG

i know this is the wrong place for this but...i need an answer fast:

I need 24 hours off in 7 days...this is day 6, can I fly past 11:59PM tonight?

Company says yes, because I was not scheduled to fly more than 6, I'm pretty sure that is wrong...end of day 6 with no 24 hours off is a drop dead time...right?

You need to refuse that trip, now!

Spirit?? His post did say he had no 24-hour off period, not calendar day. So I’m guessing he understands the difference. My take on it is,

If the original trip given to you was to end by 1159 on day 6 but was delayed due to unforeseen conditions, then you would be legal to start legal to finish.

If the trip was modified or added to after you started the trip, or you went to the hotel for normal rest to then show on day 7, then it would be an illegal pairing.

Correction after re reading your post. So were you reserve for 6 days but not used? if so still illegal because they can't go back in time to change a scheduled period into an unscheduled period just because you didn't fly.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back