• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFlyFL410

via Air transport World's website.....

ATW Daily News

SkyWest affirms, boosts ASA CRJ order

Wednesday October 12, 2005
St. George, Utah-based SkyWest Airlines agreed to purchase 22 70-seat CRJ700s for its Delta Connection operation.The deal involves the conversion of existing orders for 18 smaller CRJ200s placed by Delta Air Lines on behalf of Atlantic Southeast Airlines, which subsequently was acquired by SkyWest, plus four incremental aircraft. The order includes conversion rights for other CRJ versions and reaffirms options for 80 CRJ700s.
Bombardier valued the revised contract at $798 million, rising to $3.7 billion if options are exercised. SkyWest retains 15 CRJ700 firm orders from a previous transaction.

I was under the impression they were always going to ASA, at least 18 of them.

DAL orders 18 CRJs for ASA, SkyW "Inc" buys ASA, SkyW is responsible for those orders as part of the deal.

All that states is that the existing order changes are based on previous ASA orders. I don't see anything in there that guarantees they are headed south.

I read it as 37 CR7s going to SkyWest, Inc. Distribution to be determined later.

So if any of the ships from the ASA order wind up at SkyWest, wouldn't that be considered a transfer of aircraft.

Seems like a strong arguement for common carrier petition.

That's how Eagle did it if I remember correctly.

FL000 said:
All that states is that the existing order changes are based on previous ASA orders. I don't see anything in there that guarantees they are headed south.

I read it as 37 CR7s going to SkyWest, Inc. Distribution to be determined later.
15 of the 37 are going to SkyWest for the UAL side. Those 18 would most likely go to ASA. The 4 additional orders are a toss up. They could be used for the DL or UA side. They could get a generic paint job so they could do both.

If Mother Delta could see straight then maybe we would be allowed to know where some of them may land.

If any of the 18 + 4 go to SKW, they would need to hire more. They've already planned for the remaining UAL deliveries (15)

Latest resources

Back