Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JSky26

Announcing the 2006 Southern IL University Aviation Career Fair and Banquet
Mods, I wasn't sure what forum to put this into so feel free to move it...

http://www.aviation.siu.edu/calendar...p?RecordID=132

The Annual "Aviation in the Future" Career fair and Banquet is one of the largest student organized Career Expositions in the United States. This year the Aviation Management Society of SIU, a student run organization, presents: Mr. Phil Boyer. Mr. Boyer is the president of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association. The event will take place Friday Oct. 20 in the SIU Student Center Ballrooms.

The Career Fair runs from 8:00AM to 3:00PM and will include over 25 companies from the aviation industry. This is a free event. Please feel free to join us at any time throughout the day.

The Banquet will begin at 5:30PM with a reception just outside of the Ballrooms at the SIUC Student Center. At 6:30PM the doors will open for seating. Phil Boyer will be the keynote speaker. Tickets for the banquet can be obtained from our website:

www.aviation.siu.edu/ams

Again the career fair is free. There will be plenty of airlines and aviation companies accepting resumes for ALL positions. Some of the confirmed companies include:

AirTran Airways
American Airlines
JetBlue Airways
AAR Corp
Southwest Airlines
Skyway Airlines
Priester Aviation
Colgan Air, Inc.
Mesa Airlines
Sabreliner Corporation
Pinnacle Airlines

We also expect:

Evergreen Air Center
Bombardier Aerospace
Skywest Airlines
ExpressJet Airlines
United Airlines
National Business Aviation Association
Chautauqua Airlines
AirNet Systems
Jet Support Services Inc.
Boeing
American Eagle
Citation Shares

Guys/Gals,

Keep in mind this event is FREE and open to the public. It's a great way for the HR people at these companies to put a face to your resume.

American Connection (Regions Air) flys into Marion, IL from St. Louis, which is 20 min. from Carbondale.

If you wish to fly-in for any of these events, the airport identifier for Carbondale is KMDH.

If you have any questions please free to PM me, post here, or check out the website.

Thanks.

when did AA start hiring, still a lot of furloughs

Like, I said...these companies will be hiring for ALL positions. I'm pretty sure AA won't be specifically doing any pilot hiring.

Like, I said...these companies will be hiring for ALL positions. I'm pretty sure AA won't be specifically doing any pilot hiring.

Hey J. Do you know who is going to be at the 07 fair this year? Time for me to get a job!

B-
we got lots of the same companies that were there last year as well as a few new ones and some that haven't been there in awhile. ASA, TSA, SkyWest (possibly)...we are coming up with a list who have said they are for sure coming. I'll let you know. Jack Pelton is speaking at the banquet.

Latest resources

Back