2000 hour UAL Pilot out on the street!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sedona,

Think about all you've said here man. In your original post you said (amoung other things):

I just went in for my Medical and while filling out the paperwork spotted a young twenty something kid sitting across from me doing the same. I thought to myself this kid is probably hoping to get a few more instructing hours and maybe get an interview with a good regional pretty soon.

Now, you never talked to the guy from what you said, yet in your half hearted defense you said:

This coming from kids who never really did anything but showed up "at the right place at the right time" as you say. I know there are some decent folks over at United but to be honest I think it is time for some of these persons to learn some respect.

Sounds to me this guy was very respectful. Sitting in the office, filling out his paperwork, not bothering a soul. Do you know for a fact this guy runs around gushing "I fly for United Airlines?"

Honestly now, I think anyone here who was 20-something, landed their dream job at one of the most prestigeous carriers in the world, would run out in the streets screaming the good news.

Just one last thought: Were you at the right place at the right time when you got your current FO job or did your recruiter see your outstanding resume, call you on the phone and offer you the job sight unseen?

Lighten up buddy. Sit back, relax and be thankful you're working and not wondering the what if's of tomorrow your furloughed brothers and sisters are dealing with.

2000Flyer

Sedona.. I spent 34 yrs at UAL and I can't recall any arrogance which would match that which you have posted. "Getting what they deserve"? Give me a break! Anyone who would wish hard times on any pilot in our fraternity does not deserve to be called a "professional pilot". I certainly hope you never fall on hard times even though you might learn a little humility.

Sedona 33,

Sounds like some sour grapes to me. Be careful calling a young kid a snot nosed punk, they will be your chief pilot someday. As far as the 2000 hour UAL pilot did you ever ask what kind of time he had? That kind of mindset is why United would have never called you. You and your friends will have a long road ahead if you think total time is all you need to get a job. Even I know that and I am only twenty-six.

How do you know he was "snot nosed"? So he had 2000 hrs. So what? I have a freind who retired as an L1011 CA for EAL and was hired at 650 hrs!!!

He got lucky at UAL. Don't get mad at him. Just be glad SOMEBODY made it....

I know a guy that got hired by a major about three years ago with 2000 TT. However, 1700 of that time was in a Beech 1900 and 500 of that was PIC. That's a quality 2000 hours if you ask me.:D

Latest resources

Back