• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

200 in class B

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Old...Orville Wright was my Co-pilot...however, his brother Wilbur had some problems drinking so I did'nt let him fly that much. Good kid, but he could'nt put the bottle down....

Simbo...might you have been under the Class B after Takeoff for a brief period ?

Last edited:
What do you guys make of the LVZ arrival into TEB? It says in bold letters something like, "you must keep your speed at 250 unless you advise of a slowdown." I have been on that arrival many times and, unless you have handheld Garmin that paints all that airspace, there isn't any way of knowing if you are in an ATA (I stil prefer that to Class D) and/or under the shelf of the Class B. I know you're supposed to have that Class B chart out, but seriously, who does that?

About every other time I go in there someone gets chewed out by NY approach for slowing. They want it both ways, but I guarantee you if something happens, they will hang you out to dry.

I know you're supposed to have that Class B chart out, but seriously, who does that?

I do, as does pretty much every NJA guy I've flown with.

Any time we're going into an airport under Class B that's not the primary, we're checking that chart to get an idea of when we need to slow down.

yeah we were definately were still in B. the guy was an older fella probably was confused even when i brought it to his attention. thanks for replies.

What about clean maneuver? I know a lot of pilots fly at clean-maneuver instead of 200, where does this come from - can't find it in the regs.

What about clean maneuver? I know a lot of pilots fly at clean-maneuver instead of 200, where does this come from - can't find it in the regs.

Read part D below.

§ 91.117 Aircraft speed.

(a) Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, no person may operate an aircraft below 10,000 feet MSL at an indicated airspeed of more than 250 knots (288 m.p.h.).
(b) Unless otherwise authorized or required by ATC, no person may operate an aircraft at or below 2,500 feet above the surface within 4 nautical miles of the primary airport of a Class C or Class D airspace area at an indicated airspeed of more than 200 knots (230 mph.). This paragraph (b) does not apply to any operations within a Class B airspace area. Such operations shall comply with paragraph (a) of this section.
(c) No person may operate an aircraft in the airspace underlying a Class B airspace area designated for an airport or in a VFR corridor designated through such a Class B airspace area, at an indicated airspeed of more than 200 knots (230 mph).
(d) If the minimum safe airspeed for any particular operation is greater than the maximum speed prescribed in this section, the aircraft may be operated at that minimum speed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back