• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$20 grand gets you an interview @ AWAC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow... the amount of rumor and bullsh*t in this particular thread is amazing.

As for our contract, yes... Mesa's contract was referenced in the union meetings. If I remember right, our MEC offered to wipe his *ss with it if thats what the company offered us. Thats why we still have duty rigs, trip rigs, 100% cancellation pay, 100% deadhead pay, 150% pay for open time, block or better pay, and pay rates that are close to the top of the industry... AFTER our paycuts.

8 years... yeah it sucks. AWAC signed a 14 year contract with UAL, what do you think is going to change to get us more money anytime in the next 14 years?

As for the newhires... the way I heard it, the 2 low time typed individuals refered to were TEACHING in a CRJ sim for CAE.

Pay for training? Yeah... thats why the company gives you a hotel room, pays 24/7 per diem, and gives you a full pay check during training. :eek:

If you folks are looking for a company that is leading the race to the bottom.... F*CKING LOOK ELSEWHERE!!!!

Ok, well guys these people PAID for the type out of their own pocket... Totally seperate from AWAC ok guys?

Matt

Ridethelighting

Chill out dude. I wasn't Mesa Bashing, in fact compared to places like Gulfstream and 9E (i know if you have the right times you don't have to pay)...........I have repect for Mesa in that it isn't pay for training unless you want it that way and sign up for San Juan. I simply stated that I wouldn't be surprise if Mesa's San Juan camp doesn't start offering Type ratings in exchange for an interview. Why not??? San Juan is set up as a business, they want money...these people want the express road to an airline career. I apologize if I offened you. ("screw you".......man little touchy aren't we?????)

These two pilots that are typed or whatever are different then the two I mentioned above....the two I was talking about had 1400TT & 1200TT........yes both below mins, but both with very "high up " ref's)

As for AWAC being the first to start, I suppose anything is possible. Just for the record though, we're not a sinkingship, mgmt hasn't shown any signs of being desperate ( we pilots were the only ones that showed that), and considering all we hear from HR is that they are having a hard time finding pilots that fit thier mold I highly doubt throwing a training tab on top of that it going to make thier job easier. I believe 9E is still the only regional that requires you to pay for training even if you meet thier minimums.

Last edited:
avrodriver said:
As for AWAC being the first to start, I suppose anything is possible. Just for the record though, we're not a sinkingship, mgmt hasn't shown any signs of being desperate ( we pilots were the only ones that showed that), and considering all we hear from HR is that they are having a hard time finding pilots that fit thier mold I highly doubt throwing a training tab on top of that it going to make thier job easier.

You're most certainly correct. It's wishful thinking, but I've always felt the best thing ZW could do is give UAL the finger and go independent. Remember 'North Central'? Now their pilots' all fly for Northwest and nothing changed in 30 years that prevented ZW from doing the same thing. Unfortunately, if Midwest Express goes sneakers-up, ZW won't be able to fill the void because of their contract with UAL. What's worst is its' dependence on UAL.
No flow thru pre 9/11, but priority to UAL pilots interview post 9/11.

I agree 100%........while UAL seems to be creeping thier way out of bankruptcy, they sure haven't been wowing anyone with thier plans for the future. I'm one of the ones hoping these next 20 airplanes when firmed up are painted in something other than UAL colors. As far as Wis ever going independant, from everything we've heard from mgmt over the last year regardless of the arrangment with UAL, they aren't interested. Than again, more things go on in Appleton than any of us will ever know. AD

Avrodriver,

Nobody has to pay for ANY training here at 9E. Including Gulfstream people. It has been this way for a while now.

avrodriver said:
... from everything we've heard from mgmt over the last year regardless of the arrangment with UAL, they aren't interested. AD

I've always leaned to believeing the exact opposite of what they say since the last negotiated contract...well, I guess they have'nt said anything...maybe they could get Sam from The Apprentice to shake things up.

I would assume most of the new hires these days probably have the 1500/300 so maybe your not aware of the policy, but as far as I know it hasn't changed.

9E
"New-hires w/1,200 TT, 200 ME will be reimbursed tng cost over the first 30 mos of employment. The company pays 100% of tng cost for new-hires w/1,500 TT, 300 ME"

Either way 9E has a great pilot group, my comment is geared more towards a mgmt policy that is screwed up, much like our mgmt hiring guys below the minimums........if thats what they want to do, change the minimums and let everyone at least have the chance to toss in a resume without worrying about whether the fact that they are applying under mins might hurt them later. AD

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back