$20 grand gets you an interview @ AWAC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

c152

I have heard that AWAC is giving interviews to low time guys. The only deal is that these low time guys have to pay $20 grand and get a type rating in a CRJ-200!!!! I do not know to much about it. Perhaps there is someone out there doing this or knows more about it.

The license must look cool. I do not have an ATP, but I do have a commercial CRJ 200 type.

Where the hell did you hear that from? It's true that AWAC is interviewing some lower time guys. Mostly because, the company doesn't want people bailing out to Jetblue, Airtran etc in the middle of training (which has happened). The 20 grand thing is completely untrue. You 1500/500 to get hired at AWAC.

Wow........I love the telephone game.....it's always amazing how it comes out in the end. Here's the deal apparantly two of our low time part 91 newhires took a CRJ systems class prior to starting for AWAC, probably to ensure they'd make it through.......who knows......it was thier decision, thier money, and I'm sure it gave them an added boost of confidence going into class. No Type, no sim, just the systems. Either way total waste of money in my opinion, but for those that actually have money (obviously they hadn't came from previous airlines otherwise they'd been broke like the rest of us) I guess it seemed like a good idea. But it's stunts like these that make me wonder how soon it will be before you have to be typed to make $18,000 a year. My vote is that Mesa will probably be the first the require thier San Juan grads to buy the type to guarantee an interview..........who the he.ll knows, nothing shocks me anymore. =) Take care all. AD

Last edited:
What, why mesa? There are plenty of PFT places past and present that would step up and ask for a type. BUt I know its Mesa fault, screw you.

I hate to say it, but I believe Air Wisconsin will be the first for the following reason:
When a company is sinking, the first thing management does on the way down is throw out every line to secure more money for their pockets. Their mgnt. set a precidence in the industry with regards to concessionary contracts in terms of duration (8 yrs),
pay, and benefits. Their mgnt revealed to what extent an entire group could be manipulated.
Their precarious current status with UAL, for which it is soley reliant for overall success, has forced the bean counters to become creative without regard to pride, tradition, standards,etc.
They used the Mesa contract as an cornerstone for their own, so it will be predictable they'll use PFT or some such method to again cut costs. And the 1500/500 mins...those unfortunately are set by mgnt, not the general concensus.
I predicted their current situation three years ago and was told by the majority of their pilots that they were UAL's favorite, that they would get preferencial treatment....and they did...right up the a$$.

Last edited:
Crashpad
How do you come up with such flawed information. If you think AirWis used mesa's pilot contract as their cornerstone. You might want to actually read it before you sound so ignorant. I'll grant you 8 years is a little ridiculous. But, other than that you are comparing the regional top from the bottom.

Yep,I worded that poorly:

'Cornerstone' meaning the catalyst by which AW Mgnt launched their cost cutting campaign and displayed the Mesa contract in their first meeting with union reps. regarding an immediate need for a 'new contract'. I was'nt comparing the two contracts.

IMOH, 8 years is 'a lot' ridiculous. Combined with a shift in percentage of medical insurance premiums, and pay reduction...
that's setting a precedence. It's my opinion and prediction. It may be wrong and flawed, or you may be in denial about Air Wisconsins' present situation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back