>20,000 LBS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MDAutry

I have heard that certain regionals and others operate jets which are certified more than 20,000 LBS and that time in these ships are valuable to the majors I.E. fedEx. Can anyone verify if this is true and if it is who operates this category of craft?

Thanks,
MDAutry

Pretty much everything that's not a 19-seater fits in the >20,000 pound category.

As far as who finds time in them to be more valuable, only JetBlue as far as I know.

MDAutry said:
I have heard that certain regionals and others operate jets which are certified more than 20,000 LBS and that time in these ships are valuable to the majors I.E. fedEx. Can anyone verify if this is true and if it is who operates this category of craft?

Thanks,
MDAutry
On the news today, they said that the average income in the US is 27,000.00 or so.

I would portend that any hours logged in aircraft with a resultant annual pay equal to or greater than that figure, are more valuable.

Ooops, you asked if those flight hours were more valuable to the majors...I thought you meant, "more valuable to the pilot".

Well, FN FAL you have a good point. In actuality I know the better pay would be more valuable at that moment. But, if I could set myself up for a pay raise and a job with my dream carrier I could hold out for a little while as long as the pay was reasonable. I am not saying it would be okay to be underpaid though.

The EMB 120 and SAAB 340 are around 26,000 lbs. 50 seat RJs are around 50,000lbs. There are thousands of pilots with PIC time in these planes. Time in something over 80,000lbs would probably be a little more valuable.

MDAutry said:
Well, FN FAL you have a good point. In actuality I know the better pay would be more valuable at that moment. But, if I could set myself up for a pay raise and a job with my dream carrier I could hold out for a little while as long as the pay was reasonable. I am not saying it would be okay to be underpaid though.
Just giving you some grief hommie.

The only time I have noticed a refeence to gw>20,0000 on an application is regarding recip time. It's to differentiate between time in light twins from time in Convairs, DC-6s, etc.

FN FAL, you have a good point about the pay though... I know I will be happy flying anything above 20,000 LBS recip or not.
Thanks for the info about the 80,000 LBS...

Latest resources

Back