2 Eagle application questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

7574EVER

Okay question numero uno. When Eagle sent me the e-mail inviting me to interview they included a couple downloads. One of them being the "Pilot Application Supplement." They ask for TOTAL TIME, PIC, SIC, and STUDENT (for BOTH single and multi engine). Then in another column just to the right (separted by two narrow lines) they ask for SIMULATOR and INSTRUCTOR PILOT (again both single and multi). The instructions say that "PIC, SIC and STUDENT totals should add horizontally and vertically. So ovbiously Eagle doesn't count PIC time logged while receiveing instruction as "PIC", which is fine and clear. I was able to break those times down just fine. When I did this however my the time in my "PIC" column includes "instruction given" time. So essentially my STUDENT + PIC = TOTAL TIME. Is this correct or does Eagle not consider CFI time to go in the PIC column (similar to airlineapps)? Should it be PIC + STUDENT + INSTRUCTOR PILOT = TOTAL TIME.

I'm just trying to make sure I do this right. I'd like to avoid having to spend a large amount of time redoing this once I get down there.

Second question is not necessarily about the Eagle app itself; but PDF files in general. I'm not a computer wizz so if this is a dumb question forgive me. I know that it IS possible to type info into a PDF file and print it out.....I've done it before. The files sent by Eagle don't allow that though. For the sake of neatness I would like to avoid filling this out by hand. I think it would look much nicer and more professional typed. So what suggestions do you folks have? Is there a way of converting the file so I can type in it? One thing that was suggested to me was to find something called a "type....writer"??? I dunno.....some crazy ancient typing device I guess.

Any help is appreciated.

You need Adobe Acrobat, you probably only have Acrobat Reader.

Kind of like Internet Explorer allows you to view websites, not make them.

You need Adobe Acrobat, you probably only have Acrobat Reader.

Kind of like Internet Explorer allows you to view websites, not make them.

Great info thanks. Unfortunately, however, I downloaded the trial version of Adobe Acrobat pro 8 and still can't type in the file. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. If you have any more suggestions feel free to let me know.

Anyone else?

Latest resources

Back