Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ilinipilot

Barely awake in Training
I am surprised this has not been posted yet.

I wonder how many furloughs they could have prevented if AA didnt blow 2.4 million on a SuperBowl add.

I know they are not related, but come on. if you are not doing that well financially, have thousands on the street, and cutting costs left and right.

WHY ARE YOU SPENDING 2.4 MILLION on a 30 sec superbowl ad.

Just wondering

D

ilinipilot said:
I am surprised this has not been posted yet.

I wonder how many furloughs they could have prevented if AA didnt blow 2.4 million on a SuperBowl add.

I know they are not related, but come on. if you are not doing that well financially, have thousands on the street, and cutting costs left and right.

WHY ARE YOU SPENDING 2.4 MILLION on a 30 sec superbowl ad.

Just wondering

D

Have you ever noticed Southwest advertises heavily during the season on both Fox and CBS but never during the super bowl?

And they are the "official" airline of the Super Bowl!

Good Management.

Then again, they might get $2.5M in revenue as a result of those adds. Are they as effective as the monkeys, the beer (Loved the jump plane add.) or the mortgage co. (Loved the cat 7 knife one, too)?

You never know.

Then of course you ATA that doesn't advertise anywhere. Arguably why we're in BK.

TAZ MAN said:
Have you ever noticed Southwest advertises heavily during the season on both Fox and CBS but never during the super bowl?

And they are the "official" airline of the Super Bowl!

Good Management.

You think they get to be the official airline of the superbowl for free? Ha

HalinTexas said:
Then again, they might get $2.5M in revenue as a result of those adds. Are they as effective as the monkeys, the beer (Loved the jump plane add.) or the mortgage co. (Loved the cat 7 knife one, too)?

You never know.

Then of course you ATA that doesn't advertise anywhere. Arguably why we're in BK.

Neither does AWA. Sad part it is,we just introduced a new marketing campaign.
They call it "Get on Board". I must say they did a pretty good job ,overall. The sad part is the ads are televised in the PHX area only. No nation-wide ads. They claim it's too expensive. If the yahoos at the helm want to make this place "the low cost airline of choice":rolleyes: (their words,not mine...) they're going to have to get the word out by advertising and getting the name out there nation wide.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back