Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HA25

Tokyo Tokyo!
Anyone have any thoughts on going to an interview on Aug 30th with a 1st Class from March 7? I believe it's good thru Sept (6 months + the month you get it), but is that cutting it too close you think?

Your thoughts are valued.

it gets worse, I only have a copy as I lost the original... shall I get a new one? or just use my copy from the doctors office?

it gets worse, I only have a copy as I lost the original... shall I get a new one? or just use my copy from the doctors office?

The age of the medical doesn't matter at all, as long as it is still valid.

Copies are NOT valid for flight privileges, so you would need to get one anyway before flying. Not sure how an airline would feel about a copy for the interview, but I wouldn't show up with a photo-copied medical and a logbook showing recent flights (which were not legal)...

Since you will need one anyway, get a replacement from the FAA (an FAA photocopy IS valid). I think they can provide it quickly.

If you're in a real bind, just go get another medical exam.

Anyone have any thoughts on going to an interview on Aug 30th with a 1st Class from March 7? I believe it's good thru Sept (6 months + the month you get it), but is that cutting it too close you think?

Your thoughts are valued.

It would be a shame to not get the job offer because of that. As far as they know, you could be oblivious to your impending expiration. They might see it as a lack of "attention to detail." Why give them ammunition?

Pay the $80 to do the eye test, turn your head anc cough. Get it done before and you won't have to worry about it (plus, you will have the original certificate!)

Going to do it, thanks for the advice. I as using a temporary from the FAA for flying, but kept a copy anyway from my original, so legality wasn't the issue. I agree with C17 however, I just wanted to validate my opinion.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back