• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1900 Bfl?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can vouch for the "needing to add power" to get to the end of 33R in Boston. Plopping it on the numbers and adding max reverse was more of a first-timer's reaction to seeing such a relatively short runway from the front of a 1900, but really, such shennanigans weren't necessary. Land it just past the numbers and idle it, throw down some brakes, and you have no problems.

Now as for what a 1900 CAN do, well, I "heard a story" about *ahem* "SOMEONE" who did barber-pole to a four-mile final and managed to bring it to a dead stop in about 800 feet from the threshold. No pax and a decent headwind, so I am told, it can certainly be done.

Landed and stopped the old SH330 in 850ft, that was also with some freight onboard. Damm that thing will stop, really good brakes.

SD

Capthuff, I'm sorry, I'm a dolt. I had some Raytheon numbers on my machine the whole time. Here's what they have to say:

TOFL at 16000lb, Flaps 17, Standard Day, Sea Level:
Decision Speed 100 kias
Total Distance 3470ft

TOFL at 17120lb, Flaps 17, Standard Day, Sea Level:
Decision Speed 102 kias
Total Distance 3737ft

Landing Distance at 16765(MLW), Flaps Down, Zero Wind, Se Level:
Approach Speed 118 kias
Total Distance over 50ft obstacle 2800ft

Hope this helps, I'm really starting to miss this airplane.

whatever you do, don't land with your feet on the brakes (that's what my instructor told me about 5 times while on approach)

17,210? It's actually 17, 120.

It must've happened in either late 2000 or early 2001, but I can't narrow it down any more than that.

Strangely it was an increase of one "standard" passenger. I'm sure that's just coincidence.

:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back