172SP...signs of alternator failure?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, heres the deal.

Chad is gonna fly up the alternator, the guys here wll install it, then Chad will fly home and I'll fly on to NJ.

OR, if the plane is still broken, we'll leave the plane here and me and Chad will go back to EVB.

So about 20 hours after I left New Smyrna, I finally made it to NJ. (7 hours of flying time)

Big thanks to Cforst for flying up the alternater!

i'm so freakin' tired i could cry.

i didn't get home til after 3am and i had to work at 7:30. you owe me. big time. find me a hot riddle girl.

oh wait, nevermind....

i couldn't get them to pay for the whole thing. they had someone else lined up, and i need the hours. it put me over 200, though!! jeez, i can't believe i'm so close to my commercial goal. it seems VERY far away when you have less than 100 hours...

Hey, it still gets logged a cross country time, ehh. Its time logged by hours and not miles. When I was prepping for my pvt checkride, the CFI noticed that I was short .3 XC time. A dual XC at night, under the hood, slow flight sure adds a lot of columns in the old log book.

erj-145mech said:
Hey, it still gets logged a cross country time, ehh. Its time logged by hours and not miles. When I was prepping for my pvt checkride, the CFI noticed that I was short .3 XC time. A dual XC at night, under the hood, slow flight sure adds a lot of columns in the old log book.
heh heh, that's the way my instructor told me to build my 250hrs for commercial. but i don't like just putzing along, so i got on 6 hour trips at 110kts. besides, i see more of the country that way :)

gkrangers said:
Well I'm leaving...be back around 9PM hopefully.
makes you wish "Beam me up, Scotty!!" was a practical phrase, doesn't it?

Latest resources

Back