• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1500 hr bill passes senate!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope, not the same at all. It's true about FSDO; it's not true about the regionals. The "regionals" are chock full of airline pilots most of whom are every bit as capable as those in the majors and some moreso.

Telling me I think like General Lee is a low blow. Our thinking is as different as night and day. You really know how to hurt a guy. :0 Remind me to do YOU a favor sometime. :smash:

Ok, maybe I was a bit rash in my General Lee comparison, but your FSDO generalization was just as crappy. I work in a FSDO. I flew for a regional. In our office, it's extremely unfair to say it's full of people who couldn't get a real job.

Your crappy generalization about the FSDO is the same as General Lee's crappy generalization about Regional Pilots.
:beer:

Ok, maybe I was a bit rash in my General Lee comparison, but your FSDO generalization was just as crappy. I work in a FSDO. I flew for a regional. In our office, it's extremely unfair to say it's full of people who couldn't get a real job.

Your crappy generalization about the FSDO is the same as General Lee's crappy generalization about Regional Pilots.

I've been in enough FSDOs to know there is a a valid point here. Take every incompetent, booger eating, can't get along with others, or fat airline pilot you've ever known and put them in a tax payer funded building.

It's called a FSDO.

C'mon man. You know I'm right. Next time you're at work, take a look around. It's the freakin DMV of aviation in there, man!!!

It's a post office without mail!!!

It's an unemployment office with no job listings!!

You guys aren't even good enough to work at a place which puts cover sheets on the gosh-darned TPS reports!!!

It's like a freakin MEC!! (A bunch of fat guys who wouldn't know how to wear their uniform properly if the company manual merely required bermudas and flip flops)

The world's most interesting man won't even let you people watch his beer commercials!!!

Chuck Norris can't beat you people up, because he considers it immoral to punch the mentally deficient!!

Last edited:
I've been in enough FSDOs to know there is a a valid point here. Take every incompetent, booger eating, can't get along with others, or fat airline pilot you've ever known and put them in a tax payer funded building.

It's called a FSDO.

C'mon man. You know I'm right. Next time you're at work, take a look around. It's the freakin DMV of aviation in there, man!!!

It's a post office without mail!!!

It's an unemployment office with no job listings!!

You guys aren't even good enough to work at a place which puts cover sheets on the gosh-darned TPS reports!!!

It's like a freakin MEC!! (A bunch of fat guys who wouldn't know how to where their uniform properly if the company manual merely required bermudas and flip flops)

The world's most interesting man won't even let you people watch his beer commercials!!!

Chuck Norris can't beat you people up, because he considers it immoral to punch the mentally deficient!!

I will freely admit that the FAA has an image it has earned in many respects. But in our office I can name at least 5 out of the 50 Inspectors who don't fit your generalization. :D

Wow, 10%?

That's not so good

Sheesh....That statement was done tongue-in-cheek. Hence the overzealous "big grin" at the end.

I fully understand the perspective people have with the FAA. A natural hatred of the FAA is born and bred into every pilot...including myself when I was flying the line.

Now having worked here for a while, I can see why people feel that way and I can also see a lot of good people working here.

Sorry couldnt see smile on IPhone display. I thought you were serious. You scared me for a second!!

Hopefully this impending "shortage" will allow people like myself to be hired.

Dude, you are far more nervous about busting a checkride then a woman in labor, you are going to have to get a grip. What's going to happen if you are flying as a captain under 135 or 121 whereas you are taking a checkride every six months, I hope not a total wreck.

I busted three checkrides under part 61 with the last one 24 years ago. I have never busted a 135 or 121 checkride, and the airlines including the majors asked about the checkride busts and some did not. The bottom line is it's never stopped me from achieving my goals in aviation. Good luck, junior!

Latest resources

Back